Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to a spa day?

(12 Posts)
Nojustalurker Tue 18-Feb-14 12:50:22

I am off to a trip to a spa this week and I have just realised I have no idea what to wear. Any suggestions?

Pootles2010 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:51:08

Depends - some you just waft around in a dressing gown that they give you. Doesn't the website say?

MrsLettuce Tue 18-Feb-14 12:52:41

Yeah, nekkid in a bathrobe is my experience of such places.

cloudskitchen Tue 18-Feb-14 12:53:22

They will most likely provide a dressing gown to go over your swimming cosdie but I always take my own flip flops. Other than that just normal clothes to travel there and back in. If you think you might want to do a class then some gym gear and trainers.

MrsLettuce Tue 18-Feb-14 12:59:00

Oh yes, I can imagine that it might well be swimwear in the UK. Am on teh continent. Own flip flops is a good point too.

thenightsky Tue 18-Feb-14 13:00:28

Take 2 cossies. One for morning and one for afternoon. You don't want to sit eating lunch with a damp cossie under your dressing gown.

Take flip flops.

truelymadlysleepy Tue 18-Feb-14 14:43:08

Yes to at least 2 cosies and your own flip flops. Goggles for swimming and gym kit although I take it I never use it.
Don't bother with mags, they always have a big supply.
I always take my favourite body exfoliated/ hair treatments as it's the ideal time to use it.
I never bother wearing makeup or doing my hair before I go as you'll be wet most of the time.
Have a lovely time.

MrsLettuce Tue 18-Feb-14 16:34:54

So people really do wear cosies in Uk saunas and spas. Does it not feel 'orrid?

truelymadlysleepy Tue 18-Feb-14 16:45:03

Yes MrsL. I went to Austria one winter and was very surprised to go into the wellness centre. But after 5 mins I could see the point.
Not sure it would take off here though.

Pootles2010 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:04:07

There's a spa near me where they have men/women only days, and some people go in the nip, but doesn't appeal to me tbh! I'd want to take some dettol wipes before i sat down anywhere...

MrsLettuce Tue 18-Feb-14 17:40:03

Obviously people take their own towels to sit on!

* truelymadlysleepy* - it did me a hell of a lot of good the first time spent an afternoon in the company of masses of naked ladies!
I was about 8 weeks postpartum (DC1). Horrible. Then there they were - women in all shapes sizes, aged from late teens to over eighty just getting on with life. Can't explain it really but it honestly did me no end of good, was a formative experience.

Pootles2010 Wed 19-Feb-14 09:57:42

Not at this one they don't! But that would make more sense...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now