Talk

Advanced search

Nursing bras

(9 Posts)
schmalex Tue 18-Feb-14 11:31:09

Hello
I'm currently nearly 35 weeks preg and wearing lots of horrible M&S non-underwired maternity bras as they're comfy on my bump!
When should I get measured for post-preg bras?
And how on earth do I get them to fit when I am BF and my boobs keep changing size?

Hopefully Tue 18-Feb-14 11:34:39

I've always bought a couple of these to get through the first few weeks. Not remotely stylish, but reasonably supportive and very comfy while your boobs go up and down madly. After 3 weeks or so mine settled and I bought a couple of nursing bras. Have then had to replace those bras at about 4-5 months as I've lost weight and my back size has reduced. I go up to something like a 30/32 FF/G/GG when feeding, so I go for underwired feeding bras after the first couple of weeks.

schmalex Tue 18-Feb-14 19:36:35

Thanks Hopefully. Did you get measured for the underwired feeding bras? I really want some underwiring as the soft cup ones are so shapeless. Not a problem at the moment as I am mostly a huge bump, but after the baby is here I would like to start to look a bit more normal!

MrsMarigold Tue 18-Feb-14 23:32:11

I liked the bravado ones but found Elle Macphereson better.

AnythingNotEverything Tue 18-Feb-14 23:39:15

I think it entirely depends on what size you are!

Generally though, something that has room for expansion at about 38 weeks should see you through the first few weeks. When your milk comes in you could go up 2-3 cup sizes and have boobs like rocks so you need to be comfy and not restricted in any way.

schmalex Wed 19-Feb-14 08:00:45

I have gone for a couple of Bravado ones to see me through til my boobs are sorted out. Thanks folks!

JenniMoo Wed 19-Feb-14 09:53:41

Give it a couple of months then go for underwired. I converted a proper underwired one this time and it's fab smile however I made sure it was an excellent fit, never wear it if I feel at all over-full and had never had mastitis when feeding my first DC.

eastdulwichbedwetter Wed 19-Feb-14 13:24:50

I fed on demand/round-the-clock/tandem style for 6 years give or take and found Anita the dogs nads. They still hold up today.

No need for softcups and are forgiving enough for the early days of rock hard boobs and the three-years-down-the-line crepey shopping bags...

The only problem is they don't do a 28 back.

AnythingNotEverything Wed 19-Feb-14 20:09:56

Ice been converting normal bras too. It's an absolute revelation. Just brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now