Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a flattering and comfy bra

(5 Posts)
NoIamAngelaHernandez Tue 18-Feb-14 09:24:19

I am huge of nork.
I am also 17 weeks pregnant.
I have only one bra that currently 'fits', and it doesn't fit well.

I have just done the 'bra intervention' measuring and I am 40 inches round the chest and 53 inches around the widest part when I lean down.

What size bra do I need and where should I look? I will be breastfeeding so nursing bras would also be good.

I don't have much money but will need at least 3 decent bras.

Many thanks in advance.

SorrelForbes Tue 18-Feb-14 11:28:29

Ok, I think you may struggle to find a decent nursing bra that will give you enough support.

At the moment, I'd just focus on finding something that'll see you through the next few weeks/months. Starting sizes to try are:

40J, 38JJ and possibly a 36K if you're squidgy of torso.

Have a look on Brastop, Amazon and Me and My Curves for bargains.

NoIamAngelaHernandez Tue 18-Feb-14 16:05:51

Thank you! I will have a look.

PragmaticWench Tue 18-Feb-14 16:14:22

I went to Bravissimo when pregnant and was fitted properly. Didn't buy any bras there but ordered them online from Figleaves as they were less expensive. You can carry on wearing underwired provided the wire sits flat on your rib cage rather than on your breast tissue - underwired might be more comfy if you have larger boobs!

You can also get underwired nursing bras that have a slightly softer wire called a flexi-wire; personally I loved them as non-wired is not for me. Saying that I did buy some crop top style nursing sleep-bras for night time that stopped my breasts flying around (when pregnant) and helped hold breast pads on after the birth. They're far from sexy but did the trick!

NoIamAngelaHernandez Tue 18-Feb-14 20:05:39

OK I have ordered one in 38JJ from Brastop for £16 - very reasonable considering the amount of construction materials there must be in there!

I am going to wait a while before getting a nursing bra as have lost weight in the past few weeks and hope to lose a bit more before baby arrives!

Many thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now