Talk

Advanced search

Another bra thread - the Wonderbra strapless grabby-hand thing

(6 Posts)
Amethyst24 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:45:41

So I tired this on today in John Lewis. I'm a 30E normally, so I tried the 30E and then when it didn't fit that well, the 30F. I'm totally on side with the idea that backs must be tight, and I think the 30 back was right for me - it definitely would have been a good fit on the loosest hook, and allowing for stretching, good long-term.

But I find it impossible to do up bras with three hooks behind my back, and the sticky silicone bands make it really hard to get these bras into the right place if you do them up in the front and try to swivel them round, especially once you get hot.

If DP was always going to be around to do them up for me, I'd go for the 30 band, but what if he dumps me for someone with smaller boobs I am getting dressed alone?

Is there a secret way of getting these bastards fastened? Or should I go for a 32" back?

DrewsWife Tue 18-Feb-14 00:03:40

This post made me laugh. I too am of the big booby variety. Trust me... Your hubby will never dump you for someone with small boobs wink.

I have never had luck with strapless bras. 34gg here. They fold over and I fall out.. I went out in a plastic boned corset once... Felt the bones give way and ran home.

I have the wonderbra and it's one of the very rare bras where I sized up to a 32. Still works very well, far better than any other strapless.

I know lots of people who have had to go up a back sizein it

Amethyst24 Tue 18-Feb-14 10:03:23

Ha! Thanks all, will attempt a 32.

SorrelForbes Tue 18-Feb-14 11:25:09

Yep, agree with Stats, I had to size up to a 32 too.

CointreauVersial Tue 18-Feb-14 12:59:32

The band is indeed mighty tight, but those grabby hands do their job very well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now