Talk

Advanced search

Which Converse for Spring?

(25 Posts)

Got my first pair of Converse since about aged 13 last year (am now around 30 years older!) and love them. I want a new pair for Spring (when it finally stops raining, if ever).

Torn between: leopard

red Love these but are they too Playschool Presenter?

Gold Too MC Hammer?

Black leather

Any opinions?

libertychick Mon 17-Feb-14 22:35:57

I was expecting to vote leopard but after looking at them I think gold. Not MC Hammer at all. Much classier than that!

Red is ok but not as versatile as the gold I think. I prefer red high tops for some reason.

Black a bit boring.

I don't like the hi-tops on me. I think I like the leather ones better than the fabric ones, overall. Black a bit Emo?

AuntySib Mon 17-Feb-14 22:41:26

I have had a few pairs of silver ones - not leather but treated with something so they are a more waterproof than the plain canvas ones, which was a real bonus. Looks like the gold ones in your link are the same, so I'd go for them or the black leather ones simply for practicality.

I currently have tan leather, and absolutely love them. Am looking at more leather ones now, but think I've talked myself out of gold.

BloodFlower Mon 17-Feb-14 22:44:16

I prefer the leopard smile Have you looked at any other colours?

libertychick Mon 17-Feb-14 22:46:45

I am converted to leather converse after getting grey ones last year. Black could be a bit Emo - they just don't appeal to me for some reason.

Get the gold grin or what about the Burgundy ones?

Just seen Cranberry, which are lovely.

onedev Mon 17-Feb-14 22:51:26

I love them all!

libertychick Mon 17-Feb-14 22:53:54

Oh yes, I dithered between linking Cranberry or Burgundy. The cranberry are lovely and would be very versatile.

Will report back! smile

HectorVector Mon 17-Feb-14 22:59:04

This year (I buy a new pair every year and wear them to death) I'm going for yellow converse.

MrsRogerSterling Mon 17-Feb-14 23:00:01

I have the leopard one's, have worn loads. Also have burgundy hi-tops which I love. Not keen on leather converse though not sure why.

northerngoldilocks Mon 17-Feb-14 23:03:47

I've had the gold ones in the past. I loved them and they looked great with jeans

buttercrumble Tue 18-Feb-14 06:30:47

Love the leopard smile

DaftSkunk Tue 18-Feb-14 06:45:08

I like the red.

QueenCadbury Tue 18-Feb-14 07:35:41

I had the gold a couple of years ago and if they're the same they're not quite as in your face gold as the picture looks. I now have silver and love them. I've also got black leather high tops but I don't like them anymore as they look too 'heavy'.

Lizzylou Tue 18-Feb-14 07:49:27

I have red, but I love the leopard!

netty36 Tue 18-Feb-14 08:57:10

I love the leopard so much just ordered some from ebay. They will look fab with denim of all colours.

burnishedsilver Tue 18-Feb-14 09:33:10

Love the cranberry leather.

Converse are clearly something people have strong opinions on. grin

I'm going to try the leopard on but think I want leather, so might go for cranberry.

schmalex Tue 18-Feb-14 12:22:33

Love the leopard and gold.

In fact, I think I might treat myself to a gold pair. Thanks, OP.

I used to have silver and wore them to death. But since I've had colours done I now know I should have gold!

5madthings Tue 18-Feb-14 12:27:05

ooh i have a pair of converse to return and swop... dp bought me them for valentines. fab!! but he bought white... i walk across a field on the school tun...

tempted by silver or gold or the batman or thundercats ones...

Vickiyumyum Tue 18-Feb-14 12:38:08

leopard, or navy plain ones.

cloudskitchen Tue 18-Feb-14 13:00:00

I have black ones so that would be my vote grin mine are canvas though with a double tongue (???) so a flash of pink as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now