Talk

Advanced search

Which bag?

(20 Posts)
Lovealotofshopping Mon 17-Feb-14 21:45:52

I have £700 of Selfridges vouchers to spend on a bag, gifts from all my friends and all my family & IL's for a big birthday. I am a major bagonista and have built up quite a good collection over the years. My natural tendency is to go for a cross body but fancy a chance. I would quite like a tote or hobo, not too concerned about the colour. I don't want anything from the Mulberry Daria range or an Anthony as I know too many people with poor fakes, I really like Marc by Marc Jacobs and am drawn also to Tory Burch, Kate Spade (but not sure about the branding) and Rebecca Minkoff. I like the idea of buying an up and coming designer before prices triple.

I don't mind the colour but would like something fairly neutral and don't think I want black (or bright pink or royal blue, this years colours).

Lovealotofshopping Mon 17-Feb-14 21:46:47

I should add that I don't like Michael Kors

Vickiyumyum Mon 17-Feb-14 22:01:20

This Kate spade is gorgeous well within your budget and available in a few colours. this

Also the marc by marc jacobs too hot range.

Vickiyumyum Mon 17-Feb-14 22:02:11

If you can stretch to £1100 the Chloe Marcie is gorgeous. I brought one with my bonus and love it.

Lovealotofshopping Tue 18-Feb-14 13:26:36

I love the Kate Spade one but unfortunately can't stretch to the Chloe although wish I could.

Vickiyumyum Tue 18-Feb-14 13:37:10

real life pics of kate spade

in lighter blue, its lovely. I brought black wish id been braver and gone or the cobalt or duck egg/grey one now.

buttercrumble Tue 18-Feb-14 13:58:22

First thing that came into my head was the mulberry Antony, why wouldn't you consider (because too many people have poor fakes)I have just bought the large oak and it is absolutely Devine . I'm sure you will love whatever you choose, but people have fakes of many types of bag smile

Vickiyumyum Tue 18-Feb-14 14:00:46

Effie they do I in other colours too, but a really practical bag and lovely squidgy leather

Vickiyumyum Tue 18-Feb-14 14:01:40

oooh I love this, chloe Marcie saddle bag

Vickiyumyum Tue 18-Feb-14 14:03:38

another Marcie in grey

TheHandbagOfGlory Tue 18-Feb-14 14:13:18

I like this

It's quite neutral and has the option of the shoulder/crossbody strap too. Not too much hardware or branding.

bunnymother Tue 18-Feb-14 16:29:47

Goodness, £700 doesn't buy what I thought it would - Givenchy, Mark Cross, Chloe, YSL etc mainly over £1k mark. Buy a bench, instead wink. Could you wait until sale time to buy the bag? It seems that some of them end up heavily discounted, if you are happy to wait and take the chance.

The Anya Hindmarch maxi zip looks good in black, and is £795, if you want something now. I am a fan of their Gracie style (not mini - she is too small for me), but I didn't see it online. They might have that, in store, if you like the Gracie.

bunnymother Tue 18-Feb-14 16:31:10

Or how about the Chloe Marcie in cashmere grey and then a McQueen scarf?

Lovealotofshopping Tue 18-Feb-14 16:45:41

Buttercrumble. Sorry should have been clearer, the Daria hobo is the default bought in Turkey fake round here and psychologically that puts me off. I want an Anthony as I am not that keen on the and would prefer something a little smarter.

I'm loving the idea of something cheaper and am Alexander McQueen scarf.

bunnymother Tue 18-Feb-14 19:29:44

Oooh, Kidstart have just announced 7% cash back on Selfridges purchases. That might help a little.

babybarrister Tue 18-Feb-14 21:02:31

-agree re sales - some are half price particularly if you do not want black etc ....

Lovealotofshopping Tue 18-Feb-14 21:39:43

I usually buy in the sales but I'm not sure that I can wait until the sales. I am looking forward to a good shopping day looking at all the suggestions

Saurus72 Tue 18-Feb-14 22:29:26

I would go for a Chloe Marcie mini (about £450), and save the remaining vouchers for the sale. Lucky you!

justasecond Tue 18-Feb-14 23:23:16

I have that Kate spade one in black. It is a great everyday bag. Good quality leather and just the right size. I had not considered Kate Spade before either but when I saw it in the shop it was exactly what I was looking for. I thought the leather on the Effie was too delicate. What about a Pashli www.selfridges.com/en/Bags/Categories/Shop-Women/Cross-body-bags/Pashli-leather-satchel_133-3000873-AC000179SKCINK/?previewAttribute=Ink
I love this Marc By Marc Jacobs mini shopper but not keen on this colourway www.selfridges.com/en/Bags/Categories/Shop-Women/Totes/Mini-leather-shopper_149-3000609-M0001343D/?previewAttribute=Carob+brown It has been on my wishlist for a while in the beige colour.
this also nice but maybe not the most practical colour.
The colour ofthis one gorgeous
Or a bucket shape bag which is v in this year? I love the Alexander Wang Diego which is maybe just within budget. Not on Selfridges website but they might have it in store. just gorgeous!
I also like some of the Tory Burch bags too and they seem to be better value for money.

RonaldMcDonald Tue 18-Feb-14 23:42:04

Proenza Schouler or the McQueen Manta

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now