Talk

Advanced search

Ridiculously comfy shoes please

(22 Posts)
DuffyMoon Mon 17-Feb-14 13:11:15

Am going to USA this year for holiday and would love some comfy shoe recommendations. Went to London last year and really suffered - i wore fitflops and trainers. My feet are wide too - dont care what they look like just want comfort and support.
even tried crocs "trainers" and they werent very comfortable - do you see my desperation or lack of care as to what they look like

Please help smile

flowery Mon 17-Feb-14 13:12:59

My Skechers shape ups trainers are ludicrously comfy.

joliejolie Mon 17-Feb-14 13:32:55

Camper Right Nina ballet flats. They are like walking in bare feet. They look like they would wear down quickly, but I've had mine for a few years now and they are still going. Camper shoes all all comfy though.

kittykarate Mon 17-Feb-14 13:54:27

Comfy shoes are so personal! For me it's Birkenstocks, Fit Flop shoes or their hiker range of sandals (not the toe post pretty ones). But I have square feet that 'fit' these. Campers don't have support where I need them.

My mam loves her Sketchers shape ups (I think they've had to rename the range after the toning wasn't scientifically proven) and fly london shoes as they fit her foot shape.

doglover Mon 17-Feb-14 15:25:31

I would definitely second the Fitflops range of shoes. I'm not such a fan of their toe-post sandals but the other sandals/shoes/boots are like walking on clouds! Having had many foot problems, they've really made walking possible and pleasurable again.

MrsWolowitz Mon 17-Feb-14 15:29:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

purpleminion Mon 17-Feb-14 15:32:00

I have Birkenstock clogs and they are fantastically comfortable. I have wide feet and need arch support and they are the best I've ever worn for comfort.

I love the sandals too.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 17-Feb-14 15:34:29

I can vouch for the Go Walks too I've got arthrits in my toes so I like a comfy shoe, I get mine in T K Maxx much cheaper

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 17-Feb-14 15:34:32

Anything with 'toning' soles, such as fit flop, skechers etc. And actually, although I can't believe I'm saying this, I spent all last summer in Havaianas and they were ridiculously comfortable for a thin flip flop. I'm just stocking up for this year out of season.

Destinysdaughter Mon 17-Feb-14 15:36:31

Ecco or Hotter are good. Pricey tho but hey who can put a price on comfort? Have you also tried Shiropody?

MorrisZapp Mon 17-Feb-14 15:38:17

I third the Go Walk idea. You can bung them in the washing machine, and they're virtually weightless. Also probably much cheaper in the US!

AndiMac Mon 17-Feb-14 15:38:58

I have a mild bunion that acts up in uncomfortable shoes and the pair of TOMS I bought were great, right from the start. Bought them, walked out of the shop in them and then spent the rest of the day walking around in them without pain.

NotAnotherPackedLunchBox Mon 17-Feb-14 15:44:48

If you really don't care what they look like then you need to try Hotter shoes.
Way more comfortable than trainers, but possibly not for you if you are very stylish...

sonlypuppyfat Mon 17-Feb-14 15:52:56

Have a look on Qvc they have lots of sensible shoes sketchers included and at least you can try them on for 30 days to see if they are ok for you,

slug Mon 17-Feb-14 16:41:34

Take yourself down to your local hiking/outdoors shop and try on the shoes there. They are designed for comfort and long walking. My favourite ever pair of sandals are just a few simple blue straps on the comfiest sole ever. Supportive, cool and comfortable and surprisingly cheap as I got them on sale.

sisterofmercy Mon 17-Feb-14 16:44:31

Another person who loves Skecher's GoWalk shoes and trainers here. I have arthritis in my toe and they really helped when I did several big day outs in London this year.

joydivisionovengloves Mon 17-Feb-14 16:47:10

New Balance 574s are the most comfortable thing I have ever had on my feet and I have 70 something pairs of trainers so I have plenty to compare to!

higgle Mon 17-Feb-14 16:48:49

Another vote for Sketchers Go Walk - I bought mine for a holiday in Cambodia/Thailand where you need covered in shoe for some of the temples, nothing much to look at but very very comfortable.

Allinafankle Mon 17-Feb-14 18:13:10

Go Walk Go Walk Go Walk!! grin Adore these for comfort and I struggle big time with shoes. Bought a pair when I badly sprained my ankle and haven't looked back since.

ADoorMe Mon 17-Feb-14 19:26:22

Sketchers Go Walk - love 'em.

DuffyMoon Mon 17-Feb-14 20:05:10

I normally wear fit flops and love them, my legs felt really achy walking longer distances in them, but wow had a quick look at sketchers go walk and the reviews are fab...will go and investigate, thank you smile

Chewbecca Mon 17-Feb-14 20:22:41

My 'walk for hours' shoes are always from Gabor. I like an inch of heel, I find totally flat makes my feet ache. Gabor shoes are good for wide feet too.
I'm going to try these when there's a discount day as they don't look too flat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now