Talk

Advanced search

Hair styling tips for a wedding 2hrs drive away

(8 Posts)
wickedwitchNE Mon 17-Feb-14 13:02:00

Pretty much what it says - does anybody have any ideas for a hair style which I can do early in the morning and will then last a 2/3hr drive and all day at the wedding? I will also be busy with a 3 month old baby! We are staying at the hotel of the wedding so can pop back to the room but not until after the ceremony as check in is mid-afternoon.

I have long hair, which can't handle too much product, and limited hair styling skills. Usually just straighten it or stick heated rollers in. Neither would really cut it though. Any amazing long lasting products? Does blow drying properly really help? Should I keep rollers in in the car and take out when we get there?

I know this seems daft but it will be the first time I see all my friends since having a baby. Still feel self-conscious and mumsy (none of them have babies). Will be a couple of dress sizes bigger than usual and it would just be nice to make an effort with my hair and make up. Thanks!

sooperdooper Mon 17-Feb-14 13:08:47

I would putting your hair back in a low bun, maybe to one side? And get a nice hair clip to put in it

sooperdooper Mon 17-Feb-14 13:10:37

3.bp.blogspot.com/-VOC7Ckkzl_c/TfPvK5P-y7I/AAAAAAAACFs/eqUhOBkRiBk/s500/bun5.jpg

Aaliyah1 Mon 17-Feb-14 13:13:27

Keep rollers in and then take them out when you get there. I think stick to a style you know as you'll feel more comfortable and hence be more confidant.

Cybercat Mon 17-Feb-14 13:16:56

Have a look at the hair tutorials on the small things blog (can't link sorry). Have your hair in rollers to travel and then whip it out & up when you get there.

Maverick66 Mon 17-Feb-14 15:37:14

Defo keep rollers in when travelling when you arrive remove rollers run your fingers through to create soft curls spritz with hairspray and good to go . Then later on in day you could pop back to room put hair in loose bun and you have a new look for evening smile

wickedwitchNE Mon 17-Feb-14 15:59:22

Oooh Maverick that is a good idea... I think I have realised too that I do need to stick with something relatively simple that I'd be comfortable with. Rollers in for the car it is.

I love the pic of the side bun but whenever I've tried anything like that my hair just looks flat and boring. But then I guess a really nice clip would sort that, and if I'd curled my hair in the morning then that would help give it a volume boost. Ridiculous to be obsessing but I swear hairstyling is my Achilles heel, and this wedding is kind of a big deal so I should really make the effort for once!

Blithereens Mon 17-Feb-14 16:01:55

Second the rec for TheSmallThings blog. She does really good hairstyle tutorials that you could follow after having kept your hair in rollers for the drive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now