Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a House of Colour consultant

(20 Posts)
lougle Mon 17-Feb-14 09:01:35

I've finally decided that I'm going to do the HoC colour analysis. Can anyone recommend a consultant in the Hampshire/Sussex area?

I think one of the consultants is in Chichester?

I'd prefer to use someone who other MNers had used and been impressed with. I don't want to risk disappointment!

ManicMinor Mon 17-Feb-14 09:13:30

TravelinColour is Chichester - I've not been to one of her days as she's too far away for me, but I know her through MN and she's been brilliant in giving me lots of advice in how to make my diagnoses work for me - which ime is the most important part.

MissScatterbrain Mon 17-Feb-14 10:17:08

I think Hopefully is based in south Sussex.

lougle Mon 17-Feb-14 10:37:35

I've just searched Hopefully's name on MN, and she covers East Devon. That's too far for me.

Travelincolour is Chichester.

There is a consultant called Katie Russell in the Winchester/Eastleigh area and a consultant called Rebecca White in the Fareham/Gosport area.

Does anyone have any knowledge of either of them?

Does it matter if they look much older than you are/completely different dress style to you?

I'm nervous about having my colours done with a complete stranger, in case it isn't right. Is it a 'science' or is it a personal judgement?

I wonder if I should just travel to Chichester and have TravelinColour do it, because she's so lovely on here.

Arrghh..this is why I'm still not analysed after about a year!

MissScatterbrain Mon 17-Feb-14 10:46:37

Sorry I've got it wrong blush

It does not matter if the consultant is a different season/style from you - mine wasn't but she was spot on with my season and more importantly she made sure I could "see" my colours. That way you come away confident that you will be able to choose your colours when shopping.

MissScatterbrain Mon 17-Feb-14 10:50:52

HOC system is more of a science - they have been trained to diagnose your season and which of the colours in your season look best on you. If you go as part of a group, its worth watching the others as you will then be able to see how each colour change the way they look.

NaffOrf Mon 17-Feb-14 10:53:21

My consultant was about 20 years younger than me, and completely different from me in every conceivable way - and she changed my life, seriously!

I can't tell you how much more I enjoy shopping (and getting dressed) now. And I look 'finished' every single day. AND I've saved loads of money because I'm not forever buying unsuitable stuff and flogging it for a loss on ebay.

I don't work for HOC, honest!

lougle Mon 17-Feb-14 10:54:25

Don't be blush MissScatterbrain - I'm grateful you took the time to post smile

I find it so daunting, yet want it done.

MissScatterbrain Mon 17-Feb-14 11:13:13

Go on, get it done - your only regret will be not doing it until now.

Come back please to tell us how it went.

JenniMoo Mon 17-Feb-14 11:20:48

I went to TravelInColour in Chichester and was very happy. Going back for the style day in March smile

issimma Mon 17-Feb-14 12:43:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TravelinColour Mon 17-Feb-14 19:41:45

lougle Mon 17-Feb-14 22:40:46

TravelinColour thank you smile. I'll return your email.

lougle Tue 18-Feb-14 16:58:44

OK, I'm doing it tomorrow!

JenniMoo Tue 18-Feb-14 21:01:32

Have fun! Make sure you find the thread for your season afterwards. It's busy on the autumn thread that's for sure.

lougle Tue 18-Feb-14 21:24:50

Thanks! I'm going to see travelincolour so I'm sure I'll get to know what's what with her smile

TravelinColour Tue 18-Feb-14 22:39:50

lougle Wed 19-Feb-14 16:40:54

After a lovely morning of drapes being swished on and off my neck, I have been 'diagnosed' as a 'Soft-blue Autumn'.

Travelincolour is brilliant and I can heartily recommend her to anyone who is undecided.

I'm off to find the Autumn thread...

ManicMinor Thu 20-Feb-14 18:44:06

Glad to hear you had a good time! I really should join in with the autumn thread again...

JenniMoo Thu 20-Feb-14 20:48:36

Only if you want to add to your wardrobe, it's far too tempting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now