Talk

Advanced search

Wellies for the wide-of-calf

(12 Posts)
snoggle Sun 16-Feb-14 23:04:05

My welly got a hole in it sad
I would like a pair of nice new ones , mainly for walking and gardening. All the ones I have had recently have been the sort of coated plastic ones rather than traditional rubber, and they don't seem to last at all.

But I also need them to be suitable for a wider calf, and not £££ which takes things like hunters out.

Anybody bought a good welly recently?

Newsofaarrived Sun 16-Feb-14 23:09:12

Try these Seeland ones. I got a pair last year and they are my best wellies yet!

I used to horse ride too, so appreciate a good pair when I find them.

Neoprene lined too so extra cosy and comfy smile

Pinkje Sun 16-Feb-14 23:10:04

Well I just got Aigle Bottillon ones which are mid-calf but they were expensive, £90. But they are fab and will last my lifetime.

snoggle Mon 17-Feb-14 21:20:17

Thanks, they both look lovely but sadly out of my price range!
Any ideas for cheaper ones ?

princessalbert Mon 17-Feb-14 21:23:27

I bought a pair of men's Dunlop willies from the local shoe shop. they were about £10.

The men's style are wider in the calf and the foot - so there is lots of room for warm socks.

wonkylegs Mon 17-Feb-14 21:24:36

No idea if they're any good but these guys do a wide range of wide calf wellies.
I have the same problem but with rigger boots - ended up going up a size. sad

wonkylegs Mon 17-Feb-14 21:25:06

Sorry forgot the link doh!
here

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 17-Feb-14 21:26:06

I too am wide of calf and got some lovely patterned wellies in that well-known house of couture, Primark.

AuntySib Mon 17-Feb-14 22:42:41

Primark or Asda both seem to come up wide.

charlieandlola Mon 17-Feb-14 22:46:59

Joules do an ankle high wellie called a Wellibob - sheepskin lined, too !

snoggle Mon 17-Feb-14 22:52:15

Wellibobs sound nice, but I have a pair of splashy toddlers- think I need the full-length variety grin

asda do wellies you say? That sounds like it might be worth a look. Primark would involve parking in town which is a load of effort, or I would try that as well.

Failing that I could try the Dunlops, I have a feeling they were in the garden centre

snoggle Mon 17-Feb-14 22:53:27

You bought a pair of willies princess ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now