Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this dress ?

(15 Posts)
sincitylover Sun 16-Feb-14 18:56:56

I'm going to a registry office wedding in a couple of weeks so took the chance today to browse a bit for outfit. This looked nice in store just googled it - think it looks rubbish on the model. Do you think it would look better on someone with a bit more shape (ie me!) and was thinking of wearing it with heels and black tights.

www.marksandspencer.com/Limited-Edition-Print-Shift-Dress/dp/B0049IWVLU

Or does it look like a dressing gown/smoking jacket?

Thanks for any opinions. Didn't see anything else I liked much a lot of stuff in the shops looked frumpalicious.

M&S beauty section though was amazing - it has changed beyond all recognition.

hokhoihioh Sun 16-Feb-14 18:59:36

I think it looks very unflattering on the model. The slouch, the drop waist (is that a drop waist?). And I'm not keen on the pattern. It's really difficult to judge from that picture alone

BonaDea Sun 16-Feb-14 19:02:23

I don't get it at all. And frankly if it looks crap on a young super slim model what hope would there be for anyone else?!

RonaldMcDonald Sun 16-Feb-14 19:03:48

I like it but dunno how curves will go in it? I like it with boots...
I like it btw...not overdone

thenightsky Sun 16-Feb-14 19:04:07

It's awful. Sorry.

HyvaPaiva Sun 16-Feb-14 19:07:15

The cut is dreadful, the pattern looks silly, the wrap feature is gaping, the sleeves are baggy, the drop waist is badly designed. It has an elasticated waistband too, which is just wrong on a wrap dress. I can't see a redeeming feature. It's just ugly ...sorry OP!

TravelinColour Sun 16-Feb-14 19:10:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sincitylover Sun 16-Feb-14 19:21:55

thanks all - it did look better than in the photo. Will have to try it on I think (hate doing that) rather than ordering online and then faffing round with returns.

The pattern on it was lips (very on trend wink).

BumPop Sun 16-Feb-14 19:30:58

Bucking the trend, I like it. smile And totally agree re beauty section, I love it. Beauty section in times was raving about their facemask. Perfumes good too. Bit of a shock hiding behind the beige knicker section.

JeanSeberg Sun 16-Feb-14 19:34:30

Frumpy as fuck.

Sorry OP.

DrNick Sun 16-Feb-14 19:42:13

i quite like

better than an infantile skater dress

I don't like it, sorry. I find that the fabric of Limited Collection stuff often looks/feels v cheap, and that shape looks weird too.

JohnCusacksWife Sun 16-Feb-14 20:16:13

I like it although I could never wear it as elasticated waists and I don't get on... Styled properly I think this could look quite funky.

Tweet2tweet Mon 17-Feb-14 08:20:35

Nope, looks like a Primark dress.

If you're curvy and like patterns lady v has better choices

sincitylover Tue 18-Feb-14 10:43:00

well decided against gettting it - instead went to TK Maxx and brought a blue large patterned shift type dress by Tiana B plus a couple of really nice tops.

The lady v dresses whilst nice to look at on someone else would look horrendous on me as I am not very tall. They are totally not my style.

Thanks for comments from everyone as I nearly ordered the lips dress!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now