Talk

Advanced search

bronzer/contouring for pale skin

(18 Posts)
Stonehaven Sun 16-Feb-14 18:07:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilikebigbutts Sun 16-Feb-14 18:09:48

I use the Sleek contouring kit, if you use it with a light hand it give a nice colour, any more and you can end up looking like Donatella Versace.

MAC Harmony (a blusher actually not a bronzer) is also supposed to be great although I haven't tried that one...~

www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=1905/Harmony/MAC/Blush

Stonehaven Sun 16-Feb-14 18:12:23

FrugalFashionista Sun 16-Feb-14 18:29:36

I currently use this for contouring with great results. I'm very pale and don't generally use bronzer (because it can look dirty on my face). Taupe blush (try an eye shadow first) can also work if you are very pale.

AntoinetteCosway Sun 16-Feb-14 18:30:15

You want something totally 'flat'-not even a hint of shimmer no matter how fine. If you're really pale (like me!) then going for something grey based as you're already doing is a good idea. I use Illamasqua's 'Hollow' which is a cream and fab. Chanel did a beautiful greyish powder based one last year but I think it was limited edition. I have the Sleek kits and they're great but the palest one is too dark for me.

FrugalFashionista Sun 16-Feb-14 18:35:57

This is what it looks like on me (not me though) - google image search "Lily Lolo Rose Glow" for more pics / swatches. (I'm a blusher snob but haven't touched my Chanel and Nars after finding this handy all-in-one compact.)

AntoinetteCosway Sun 16-Feb-14 18:44:03

That's really pretty as a blusher. Not sure I'd use something that pink or shimmery as a contour but everyone likes different things. When I contour I'm aiming to create a natural looking shadow so it's important there's no shimmer or real colour to it.

Stonehaven Sun 16-Feb-14 18:53:05

Chewbecca Sun 16-Feb-14 19:54:05

at my House of Colour colour analysis day I was told not to wear bronzer or similar as the yellow tones would make me look yellow or paler. I need to stick to pinkier colours apparently & I must admit I looked 'weller' on it. Not to say you'd be the same but just to bear in mind that bronzer is not good for everyone.

TallulahBetty Sun 16-Feb-14 19:58:45

Soap & Glory's Solar Powder is a very pale bronzer.

pinkpeoniesx Sun 16-Feb-14 20:33:30

Our colourings sound the same, try NYX blush in taupe. It's an American brand but you can pick it up on eBay for around £6inc postage.
I use the NYX for my contouring, Chanel creme blush in Affinité, then either Benefit high beam or MUA undress your skin highlighter.
This combo makes my skin glow and look really pretty rather than pale and ill looking as it has in the past!

anchovies Sun 16-Feb-14 20:40:46

Amodelrecommends raves about the bodyshop bronzer and I bought it and have to agree. Previously used hoola but the bodyshop one is even more natural on my fair skin. I also use a peach blusher as my skin is pink toned.

Stonehaven Mon 17-Feb-14 09:15:59

pinkpeoniesx Mon 17-Feb-14 10:17:00

Not shimmery at all. And very neutral toned so no orange-ness either.
If you have a look on YouTube there's a lot of contouring tutorials for pale skin that use it so you'll be able to get a good idea of the shade. I wouldn't use anything else now. Such a bargain too smile

Stonehaven Mon 17-Feb-14 14:19:58

flippinada Mon 17-Feb-14 15:56:02

Anothe recommendation for the body shop honey bronzer. Matte bronzers that just give a subtle hint of non-orangey colour and suitable for very fair skin.

another vote for the illamasqua hollow. I got mine from very.co.uk i think

plasticbanana Mon 17-Feb-14 16:22:06

You could try

Mac sculpting powder in 'Sculpt'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now