Talk

Advanced search

Huge spots coming out of nowhere

(10 Posts)
lizardqueenie Sun 16-Feb-14 15:24:01

Please help! The last month or 2 I've had super huge single spots appear on my neck/ jawline & lower cheeks in line with my lips if that makes sense?!

They hurt, aren't squeezable for quite a while, do seem to be hormone related but not always. I'm a bit at a list as to what I should use on my skin. Have wen using elemis tri-enzyme cleanser for a while but just don't think it's doing it for me anymore. My skin feels very uneven, a bit patchy & bit do I feel pissed off about it. Also a forest of blackheads has appeared on my nose! confused

What can I do/ use/ try/ squeeze to sort this out?

chocoluvva Sun 16-Feb-14 23:46:42

It might be worth getting your blood sugar levels checked.

My sympathies.

lizardqueenie Mon 17-Feb-14 06:58:14

Really? In that they might be too high? Can that cause these kinds of breakouts? Sorry lots if questions

netty36 Mon 17-Feb-14 07:23:33

I'm a teacher and at the end of last term I was really run down, tired and getting spots similar to what you are describing and a crop if black heads to match. I basically stopped drinking for a month, switched to a hot cloth cleanser and started taking biotin, and used a water based serum by antipodes instead of a heavy moisturiser. It's made a massive difference to my skin. Dunno I that helps but those massive spots suck and last forever especially on your neck.

netty36 Mon 17-Feb-14 07:24:43

Stopped drinking alcohol that is smile

lizardqueenie Mon 17-Feb-14 07:48:27

Thanks Netty - I don't really drink alcohol that often- not even monthly, but my diet has been poorer recently- more junk I suppose than I usually eat. Off to google that serum & was it a supplement you took?

Tigerlily14 Mon 17-Feb-14 08:08:51

This sounds just like my skin! I get huge sore sports around my jawline which is cystic acne, they leave dark marks that take ages to go away. I started using Paula's Choice 2% bha gel and it's amazing. If you google Paula's Choice you'll get her website - she gives loads of advice about what to avoid putting on your skin and her products have been amazing for me. My skin is totally clear now. The gel I use is basically an exfoliant that cleanses your pores and balances the skin so it will help with the blackheads too.

Eastpoint Mon 17-Feb-14 09:12:59

I had these in my mid to late 20s and finally went to the dr who prescribed antibiotics. They disappeared almost straight away & I've never had them since. I wish I'd gone earlier.

chocoluvva Mon 17-Feb-14 09:30:23

I'm glad you're getting more advice lizard.

I had a phase of getting huge spots like you describe on my chin and jawline. They stopped after I reduced my sugar consumption drastically (not just because of the spots). I'm pretty sure that high blood sugar levels can give rise to boils and it's easy to get your blood sugar checked at a pharmacists so it might be advisable.

Off to google 'Paula's Choice' now.

lizardqueenie Mon 17-Feb-14 12:34:33

Thanks all! To be fair my diet has taken a bit if a bashing recently & I wonder as I say if the junk/ sugar part of that is affecting my blood sugar & then my skin. Other than the spots you had as a teen & a few other smaller ones now & then I've never really suffered with these whoppers! Thanks again for advice- I'll have a look at Paula's choice later wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now