Talk

Advanced search

Last minute london

(26 Posts)
RufusTheReindeer Sun 16-Feb-14 14:54:54

Damn I should have done this earlier

In London for a day and a half by myself this week,

Can any of you stylish ladies give me an idea of great London centric fashion shops to visit?

By that I mean stores that I might not find in my local high street or whose stores are much better than in an average local high street

Leaving at stupid o'clock tomorrow

Regent Street has Banana Republic and Cos - and Liberty, of course.

And Anthropologie, if you want to spend stupid amounts of money on 'quirky' dresses etc.

bunnymother Sun 16-Feb-14 17:16:07

I'd go to Westfield - navigate all the shops with ease and in comfort. Regent St is more lively and exciting, but if you want to seriously shop, I'd go to Westfield. I love clean toilets, air con and being under cover, though.

bunnymother Sun 16-Feb-14 17:16:35

Oh liberty is lovely - charming place to shop.

Carnaby Street just near Liberty too. I really like it around there.

polyhymnia Sun 16-Feb-14 17:27:38

I'd go for Regent St with Liberty etc or possibly Marylebone Lane rather than Westfield, which is after all just a great big shopping mall - though a nicer one than usual - which could be anywhere and hasn't a real London 'buzz'.

RufusTheReindeer Sun 16-Feb-14 17:28:45

Brilliant ideas, thank you all! Where is Westfield closest to tube wise?

Like the idea of cos and banana republic, people rave about them and I've never been in one

Love Liberty's! So regents street is a definite

bunnymother Sun 16-Feb-14 17:33:42

Westfield White City (v's Stratford) is next to the Shepherds Bush station, which is on the Central line. Regent st is next to Oxford Circus tube, also on the Central Line. Agree Westfield has no character - it's just a mall.

CuntWagon Sun 16-Feb-14 17:35:50

Also Other Stories on Regent Street. I got a beautiful bag there yesterday.

MrsBertMacklin Sun 16-Feb-14 17:44:01

If you're going to Regent St., there is also a branch of '& Other Stories' near Anthropologie.

santamarianovella Sun 16-Feb-14 18:07:13

I'd go to regent street,it has many beautiful shops,j crew,and other stories,..etc. that you won't find in Westfield or your local high street.

FuckingWankwings Sun 16-Feb-14 18:10:42

I second Marylebone Lane –well, the whole of Marylebone really –which has a lot of nice boutiqe-type shops as well as smaller, more laid-back branches of good chains like Whistles, plus a lovely villagey feel and good cafes.

It is also a hop, skip and jump from Selfridges smile

soundevenfruity Sun 16-Feb-14 18:20:24

& Other stories on Regent street near Oxford circus station. It's in the same conglomerate as H&M and Cos.

smallinthesmoke Sun 16-Feb-14 18:25:14

Regent St has J Crew as well.
Personally I hate Westfield as I find all malls the same; this is probably matter of personal taste though.
Have fun!

luvfizz Sun 16-Feb-14 18:49:40

Regent St and Selfridges - you'll be over it all by the time you finish with them!

RufusTheReindeer Sun 16-Feb-14 18:52:13

Thanks small

I think deffo regents street and I will go to marylebone as well as I am dropping dd up nearish there in the morning

Thanks all

FuckingWankwings Sun 16-Feb-14 18:55:31

Have a marvellous time! Go to the Providores and Tapa Room in Marylebone for brunch or a nice coffee.

McLoven Sun 16-Feb-14 19:13:02

South Molton Street is also worth a visit - its right next to Bond St tube station.

RufusTheReindeer Sun 16-Feb-14 19:48:17

Like the look of the tapa room, and south molten street sounds good too

I've just got used to sitting in a cafe by myself (reading) so will be brave!! Plus I am hopefully meeting a friend for lunch on the first day, covent garden or oxford street, not sure he has decided yet

bunnymother Sun 16-Feb-14 21:02:51

If you don't eat at the tapa room, La Fromagerie around the corner has some incredible produce that they turn into little meals (menu changes daily, but still remember the delicious Iberica ham). Not to mention cheese. They sell cheese.

Wallace Collection for coffee maybe?

bunnymother Sun 16-Feb-14 21:54:25

Oh yes, it's a wonderful place to visit!

polyhymnia Sun 16-Feb-14 23:58:38

Yes, definitely - Wallace Collection for coffee, to enjoy the setting. Food is better at Providores and Fromagerie, tho, IMO.

polyhymnia Mon 17-Feb-14 00:01:52

Btw, you won't need to be brave - all sorts of people and size of parties eating in and around Marylebone High St, including plenty on their own of both genders. All busy doing their own thing, not judging/even interested in others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now