Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bra Intervention

(8 Posts)
DennyDifferent Sun 16-Feb-14 13:36:54

Sorry I there are posts already that would help me work this out myself. I've put off posting for ages as my numbers are so big, I'm mortified tbh.

42 under bust and 58 at widest part bending over. blush

Currently wearing a 44h and it just feels all wrong. I get lots of back pain.

thanks in advance for any help!

goodasitgets Sun 16-Feb-14 13:49:25

I think that's around a 42KK/L but will await bra people!!

DennyDifferent Sun 16-Feb-14 13:52:58

Thanks goodasitgets. Flip, I've never seen a KK/L in the shops before!!

SorrelForbes Sun 16-Feb-14 14:15:14

Yep 42KK as a starting point. However, it's not uncommon for those of us who are a bit more squidgy of torso to need to size down in the band. You may need a 38 or 40 but would then need to size up again in the cup. Have you got a Bravissimo near by?

DennyDifferent Sun 16-Feb-14 14:22:33

Thanks Sorrel, I could make a special trip to The Big City to try some on. I worry about going too tight on the band as someone who is indeed squidgy of torso I worry about it cutting in and hurting. 42KK, wow. Thanks again!

SorrelForbes Sun 16-Feb-14 17:30:47

If you can get to Bravissimo then do as they really will be able to recommend the best style and shape etc.

TravelinColour Sun 16-Feb-14 19:12:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

You might well need less than a 42 band. As SF says, those of us who are a bit squidgy sometimes need a tighter band anyway, but there is also the factor that as bands get bigger they can stretch further in absolute terms and this isn't always accounted for properly when cutting the bras which is done unstretched I think. So a 28 band bra might measure say 24" unstretched, and stretch by 20% so that at max stretch it's just under 29", where a 42" bra would maybe be 38" unstretched, if it stretched by 20% too it would reach almost 45" making it too loose. Does that make sense?

Don't be scared to try the smaller bands. One of the other ladies on here who is in the KK/L (actually I think she needs bigger cups than that) was having lots of back pain issues and now wears a band 2 sizes smaller than she measures and is far more comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now