Talk

Advanced search

Skin and pores

(6 Posts)
ButchCassidy Sun 16-Feb-14 13:36:53

My skin has gone a bit weird
Patches of large open pores next to my nose. Making my foundation and blusher look patchy and awful.

Always had ok skin but it's gone haywire.

Any tips or tricks much appreciated

MrsBertMacklin Sun 16-Feb-14 14:28:48

Try this technique for buffing makeup into the skin to reduce pores

Everything I've read says that once pores are enlarged, you can't shrink them, so any products aimed at pores can only reduce their appearance, they don't reduce the actual pore size.

I think that Clinique's Instant Pore Perfector is the best cosmetic products I've tried for pores (Benefit's Porefessional, which is very popular and the same price, I don't like, as it wears off quickly). I use it after I've applied my other liquid products, i.e. moisturiser and foundation and before powder. I tap it over my makeup, rather than rubbing it in, wait a minute, then press on powder. Makes pores disappear and they stay that way until I take my make up off.

Maverick66 Sun 16-Feb-14 14:51:50

I agree with OP re Clinique. Product doesn't reduce or prevent pores but minimises look of them. I personally use Clinique pore refining solutions serum which I love. It acts as a primer and foundation goes on smoothly. It's very pricey though - £53. .00 sad sad BuT it lasts ages and I bought it on Clinique Bonus time in Debenhams so I got free gift (really good variety of products plus good size products ) and bonus beauty clubcard points .

I like Porefessional by Benefit - it's better for me than the Clinique one.

ButchCassidy Mon 17-Feb-14 23:09:25

Thanks. Will have a look at both products!

SundaySimmons Mon 17-Feb-14 23:33:19

I use this

http://www.boots.com/en/Clarins-Instant-Smooth-Perfecting-Touch-15g_23000/

I love it. Makes foundation look completely flawless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now