Talk

Advanced search

Help - My hair is parched!

(7 Posts)
WhoNickedMyName Sun 16-Feb-14 11:38:34

I've been from blonde highlights back to brown, back to blonde highlights again yesterday - all in the space of about 8 months. My very fine hair is now absolutely bone dry. I've used an Aussie Miracle 3 Minute treatment on it this morning but it hasn't helped much.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something that will help it please?

I wash it every day (I have to because it's so fine it won't hold the style after being slept on overnight) so either some kind of daily treatment or even a once a week hair mask? Budget is about £20.

Thank You!

PinkandTwinkly Sun 16-Feb-14 13:13:00

Coconut oil treatment to add protein and strength (although probably won't soften it) and then an intensive treatment every time you wash it (for now) Then style (avoiding heat if possible) with a little argan oil.
Won't sort it out instantly but will get there. It'll never be perfect tho if really damaged without a haircut.

MamaLazarou Sun 16-Feb-14 16:40:34

Have you tried cutting out shampoo and washing it with a cleansing conditioner instead? Even a hydrating shampoo will strip the natural oils from your hair. I can recommend As I Am coconut cowash from Amazon. Failing that, the only thing that helped my over-processed, dry, porous hair was having the dry ends cut off.

WhoNickedMyName Sun 16-Feb-14 22:12:44

I totally forgot about coconut oil, I'm sure I have some in the bathroom somewhere - thanks!

I got a good inch chopped off yesterday, have bought a tresemme treatment for now and have been looking at Kerastase hair mask which is pricey but has fantastic reviews.

Destinysdaughter Mon 17-Feb-14 00:35:14

Don't use anything with silic

Destinysdaughter Mon 17-Feb-14 00:35:52

Silicone in. It will just make it worse over time!

PinkandTwinkly Mon 17-Feb-14 13:15:07

I have to use silicone. My hair is to light and frizzy otherwise.

I use a pure oil, then a coney serum.
Its fine as long as you clarify your hair to remove buildup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now