Talk

Advanced search

HOC

(14 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sun 16-Feb-14 11:17:47

Can you give me real life examples (people) of the different categories of HOC please
Spring
Summer
Autumn
Winter
Thanks in advance

DipMeInChocolate Sun 16-Feb-14 11:27:19

You can search online for examples. Although it didn't help me at all, I was sure I was winter but nope Autumn.

Hopefully Sun 16-Feb-14 11:27:47

The best anyone can do with a celebrity is give you someone who looks like a 'typical' Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter might look, but there are always exceptions. I look like a very very typical Winter, but am an Autumn, for instance. Google images will yield some typical examples.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 16-Feb-14 12:01:04

Yes that's what I want - a 'typical'
E.g. Kate Middleton
Holly Willoughby
Anthea Turner
Emilia Fox
Sarah Jessica Parker
KateHudson
Jerry Hall
Cara Delevigne
Scarlett Johannsen - who always reminds me of Zara Philips
The Kardashians.
U.K./ U.S. celebs I'd recogonize.
Just to give me an idea.

Snowdown Sun 16-Feb-14 12:57:54

I thought I was a winter too - but turns out I'm an autumn.

TheGruffalo2 Sun 16-Feb-14 13:27:17

I am the one season I was convinced I wouldn't be! I could see aspects of all the other three, one more than others. It took my consultant quite a while to get to the decision and she admits she was very surprised as well.

TravelinColour Sun 16-Feb-14 20:36:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Aquelven Sun 16-Feb-14 21:59:05

And I look like a archetypal light Summer but am a Spring.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 17-Feb-14 10:16:01

Bump

FrugalFashionista Mon 17-Feb-14 10:21:17

The issue here though is that different color consultants classify celebs differently - Gwyneth Paltrow and Cate Blanchett are either 'Light Summer' or 'Light Spring' depending on whom you consult.

Gruffalo, you might get a different diagnosis from a different consultant...

<losing faith in the systems>

FrugalFashionista Mon 17-Feb-14 10:51:08

Here's an American color consultant who does a lot of celebrity analyses based on their pics online. Based on her examples, you can then decide whether you like or do not like her judgments and suggestions. I'm still reeling from what she did to women from Mad Men

hollyisalovelyname Mon 17-Feb-14 13:02:54

I still truly believe you have to take hair colour into account to know what colours suit you. Not what suited you when you were 14 and didn't colour your hair. Your hair is a big part of how you look. Often more of it on show than skintone ! Hair AND Skintone has to determine the colours that suit. Of course your hair colour should compliment your skin tone too.

FrugalFashionista Mon 17-Feb-14 13:41:41

Holly I agree! My hair is cool-toned ashy dark blonde but the natural highlights are a warm golden yellow! DD2 is 4 and has the same thing going on so don't blame my hairdresser... My skintone is a cool ivory pink but for some reason slightly warm coral lipsticks look fantastic on (my color consultant actually picked me a warm coral shade before she classified me as a cool season). And my eyes actually have 3 colors, a cooler gray-blue outer ring, a warm and prominent olive green central area and rusty golden brown sunburst flecks.

I've started to doubt the premises of color analysis because I can easily see myself going to both directions, Summer and Spring. A lot of blondes seem to have the same versatility (Betty from Mad Men, Gwyneth, Cate...) so why should I pick sides and banish all warm shades from my wardrobe?

I also see many women with cool translucent pink faces and naturally red hair. They too seem to break the rules but that's what makes them so striking...

hollyisalovelyname Mon 17-Feb-14 17:59:46

I had CMB done and I had to go back to see her on another day because the lady couldn't decide whether I was Autumn or Spring. I also had a tan as I had been on holidays. She decided I was Warm Spring. In fact colours for Spring and Autumn ( and some Summer colours) both suit me but personally I prefer Spring colours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now