Talk

Advanced search

Getting ready for dating - please help!

(4 Posts)
oldfashionedgirl Sun 16-Feb-14 08:04:06

I don't have much dating experience at all but have signed up to on line dating ...... now I am panicking!

What do people wear on a date? First date with one - we are meeting in a busy shopping town for a coffee and maybe a bit to eat.

I am not overly blessed with confidence so do you have any tips on being groomed / dressing nicely / not looking like a scruff?

I am kind of the girl next door type but I do have a lot of weight to lose.

RoomWithNoView Sun 16-Feb-14 08:54:12

I've been doing OD for a while now and have had lots of day time coffee dates. I wear jeans and a nice short coat - the sort of thing I'd be comfortable wearing if walking around John Lewis. I do my hair and make up nicely, but not as though I'm going on a night out, and put a big smile on my face.

I'm not a confident sort, but find the men I've met have all been more nervous than me. Have a few questions in mind - How are you finding OD? Had any weird experiences? Your work sounds interesting, how did you get into it? Or any such twaddle.

And don't wait until you're messaging someone special to accept a date - have some practise dates with men who seem just okay so as to get the hang of it. And don't take it all too seriously; enjoy smile

feelingvunerable Sun 16-Feb-14 12:54:28

Wear something you feel comfortable and confident in.

I met my boyfriend online, for our first meeting we met at a country pub for a coffee.

I wore skinny jeans, new high heeled shoes, and a fitted blouse with a casual jacket.

I wore make up too.

I accidentally kicked him 3 times , only realising that it was actually his leg and not the table after the third time!

He still refers to those shoes as my "kicking shoes".

oldfashionedgirl Sun 16-Feb-14 17:12:04

Comfortable AND confident?! grin

First date is meeting for a drink but straight from work for me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now