Talk

Advanced search

Can I wear my new maxi skirt in the middle of winter without looking like an idiot??

(20 Posts)
justkeeponsmiling Sat 15-Feb-14 15:47:24

I've just managed to find the perfect maxi skirt for me in the "Warehouse" sale - it's black jersey fabric and for a change long enough for me to wear on my waist and still just skim the floor. I'm quite tall so usually never find anything "maxi" to fit me. This is my first maxi item and I love it so much, I just want to wear it! Also, I'm currently trying really hard to de-frump and get away from my usual boring jeans...
So: Can I? Without looking like a complete t**t I mean? Obviously will not be wearing it in 100mph gales, even I know this!
Opinions, please!

Redrosesarethebest Sat 15-Feb-14 16:37:50

I wore my new maxi skirt on Tuesday, it is black with grey and white roses on it. I wore it with a grey long sleeved top with a black long sleeved top layered on top, tights and black flat ankle boots. When I was out, I wore it with my black leather jacket

LaTrucha Sat 15-Feb-14 17:00:37

Watching for tips. Love non-summer maxi looks. Have you had a hunt on pinterest?

Any use? Pinterest

HappyGirlNow Sat 15-Feb-14 17:32:07

Love this..

AmberNectarine Sat 15-Feb-14 17:40:00

Biker boots. Chunky knit. The job is done

justkeeponsmiling Sat 15-Feb-14 18:00:31

Oooh lovely! just been on pintrest, thanks for the suggestion! oh my god, I' ll never wear trousers again!

tethersend Sat 15-Feb-14 19:18:29

Oh yes, I wear them a lot.

Wore a lurex zigzag one today with a polo neck jumper, short furry jacket and long johns underneath wink

I'll wear a leather jacket when it's warmer.

I really like long boots under maxis. Or cowboy boots. Or clogs.

Trills Sat 15-Feb-14 19:19:55

Why would you look like an idiot?

I love them with slouchy heeled ankle boots and a biker jacket. Haven't worn one lately though, as none of my warm coats work with them.

justkeeponsmiling Sat 15-Feb-14 20:09:19

remus pintrest was a total inspiration, I'm gonna go for it tomorrow, will wear it with either my slouchy low heel ankle boots or knee high flat boots. None of my warm coats go with it either, figured I'm just going to layer up smile

You've just reminded me that dd has a fur gilet thing. I might try that over my biker jacket. smile

ShyGirlie Sun 16-Feb-14 08:32:14

redroses...

where did u get thay skirt? sounds lush!

Redrosesarethebest Sun 16-Feb-14 10:34:13

H&M, £13

Redrosesarethebest Sun 16-Feb-14 10:42:04

It's not on the website but they do have a short skirt on there that has the same roses pattern on it

ShyGirlie Sun 16-Feb-14 11:57:01

thank u!smile

hollyisalovelyname Sun 16-Feb-14 12:02:21

No.
Maxi for daywear makes everybody look like an idiot grin

tethersend Sun 16-Feb-14 12:05:08

I'll live with it, holly grin

That's helpful, Holly, but I'll cope...

hollyisalovelyname Sun 16-Feb-14 20:07:16

Each to their own but you did ask ! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now