Talk

Advanced search

Mineral make up and milia

(8 Posts)
Nerfmother Sat 15-Feb-14 11:16:12

Have to whizz out. I've had good skin for years, been using the smash box base and the loreal one with no probs.
Last two days started using baby skin and revlon mineral foundation and have developed a chain of tiny white bumps. Really irritating, what can I do? Is it likely to be the stuff with mineral

Nerfmother Sat 15-Feb-14 11:16:55

Oh, apart from the rosacea episode I posted about some time ago! Had allergy testing, followed advice and it seemed to resolve.

FrugalFashionista Sat 15-Feb-14 11:23:00

I get milia from creams that are too rich. That includes most night and eye creams. So it might be your base too, who knows. Try something else and see what happens?

I've been a fan of Revlon liquid foundations, but before you give up on mineral, you might try a sample of the true mineral brands that have very few ingredients. I have very problematic and sensitive/rosacea prone skin but have so far had luck with Lily Lolo and using it has improved my skin a lo. I use LRP Effaclar K underneath: no milia, no breakouts.

Nerfmother Sat 15-Feb-14 13:07:15

Thank you! I've just been to the body shop to get some vitamin e serum that everyone on here was raving about.
Might try another brand then, I liked the effect!

JemimaPuddle Sat 15-Feb-14 16:55:03

Is think its more likely to be the baby skin than the mineral
Makeup.
Maybe try the baby skin with your old foundation or a primer you've used before with the mineral makeup and see if you continue to get them.

Nerfmother Sat 15-Feb-14 20:02:06

Oh okay that's interesting. I've used other bases, jut annoying I've tried two new things at once! Schoolgirl error!

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Sat 15-Feb-14 20:05:29

Do you think 2 days would be time to develop milia?
Perhaps the mineral makeup is simply highlighting the problem?

Nerfmother Sat 15-Feb-14 20:07:38

That's true. They are just very very tiny bumps, not noticeable in the true sense of milia iyswim? Like the beginnings?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now