Talk

Advanced search

May Wedding guest outfit- will be 25 weeks pregnant

(7 Posts)
SuzanneSays Fri 14-Feb-14 20:02:57

I'm going to a young couples wedding in May - think quite casual - in a trendy London pub. I am having a nightmare wandering what to wear as I will be 25 weeks pregnant- 1st pregnancy so no idea what shape I will be! I'm 34, 5'8" and normally a size 10 with big boobs, so far boobs have got bigger and I have a small tummy. Should I buy maternity clothes (which all look a bit frumpy to me) or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

cloutiedumpling Fri 14-Feb-14 20:07:02

I'd leave it until nearer the time to see how big you are. Some lucky women are barely showing at 25 weeks but I looked huge. Empire lines can be forgiving and allow for a bump. I liked the look of the Isabella Oliver dresses but my budget didn't stretch that far.

Lambzig Sat 15-Feb-14 09:36:39

Leave it to a bit closer, but Isabella Oliver are lovely. Try ebay if they are a bit expensive for you.

MrsLettuce Sat 15-Feb-14 16:28:28

Tiffany Rose have some great (and expensive) dresses too, would be worth seeing if they have anything left in the sale. ASOS usually have a good maternity range much more affordable prices than Tiffany Rose and Isabella Oliver.

Irishmammybread Sat 15-Feb-14 16:37:32

There are some lovely dresses on Seraphine also (as worn by the Duchess of Cambridge!)

MamaDuckling Sat 15-Feb-14 17:08:58

Hello,

I got away with a regular (albeit loose/floaty) dress in a size up from my usual. I'm a similar shape/size to you by the sounds of things.

Definitely leave it until nearer the time. I ordered some Isabella Oliver stuff in anticipation of a huge bump that didn't arrive in time for the weddings I attended! The dresses just made me look frumpy!

SuzanneSays Sat 15-Feb-14 19:34:57

Thanks for all your help - yes, think I had better wait and see what size I am nearer the time. The way I've been eating this week sure I will be humungous! Will have a look at the brands mentioned in anticipation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now