Talk

Advanced search

Brands that do really good quality white and black plain Tshirts?

(17 Posts)
theeverydaydancer Fri 14-Feb-14 19:07:57

I need some long and short sleeved plain t shirts - 2 in black and 2 in white respectively. I don't like t shirts that are too high on the waist i.e. I don't like my stomach showing or the feeling that the there is a danger that if I lean over it will rise up, so basically so that it falls on the hips. I also need the fabric to be good quality - I've had some tees where (particularly with the white) its a bit too see through.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

NorksAreMessy Fri 14-Feb-14 19:10:33

no, but lurking ready for the answer sad
I would like them to be v-necked or scoop necked as well (big norks don't need high necked shirts!)

theeverydaydancer Fri 14-Feb-14 19:11:55

OOh yes forgot about neck line - would have have to be scoop necked for me!

GoofyIsACow Fri 14-Feb-14 19:12:56

Subbing smile

Chopsypie Fri 14-Feb-14 19:14:50

I tend to get mine from h&m, the white isn't great though. But at £3 I just replace them a lot.

M&S Limited Collection.

butterfliesinmytummy Sat 15-Feb-14 02:04:49

I think Tu at sainsburys do the very best scoop necked cotton t shirts, stock up on half a dozen every summer.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 15-Feb-14 08:46:47

Boden
The White Company
M& S Limited Collection

southeastastra Sat 15-Feb-14 08:49:17

john lewis have recently launched a range of these (i think recently)

slug Sat 15-Feb-14 08:51:12

Uniqulo

southeastastra Sat 15-Feb-14 08:52:54

here do short sleeve too

american apparel is good also great but can be clingy

TheSurgeonsMate Sat 15-Feb-14 08:59:54

My current crop of work T-shirts came from Whistles and Jigsaw. I've got four and they've lasted about three years. They are getting a bit past it now, but this is one of my least favourite shopping jobs and I'm putting it off. Good luck!

ilovemydoggy Sat 15-Feb-14 09:05:06

My work white tshirts come from m&s.wash really nice and keep the colour and quite long in the body. I bought some from next and they was awful. Lost colour really quickly and went out of shape.

Bananapud Sat 15-Feb-14 09:31:45

I have recommended these on here before but the White Company long sleeve scoop necks are amazing. I wear mine all the time. Thick and stretch and longish length. There are about £28. I think the quality justifies the price though and wait for a 20% off code.
With vest tops I buy cheap H and M for £5 but for long sleeve tops which I wear with an unbuttoned cardigan I want better quality.

LaTrucha Sat 15-Feb-14 09:37:23

For white t'shirts I always go back to Boden. I don't know about black as I don't wear it.

LoonvanBoon Sat 15-Feb-14 09:47:13

Boden t-shirts are good quality, wash well & aren't too short (though I'm only 5' 4"). Range of plain colours isn't always great, though - there tend to be more stripy options. I've definitely bought plain white scoop neck ones from them (they do round neck too), but not sure about black.

M&S have made their plain t-shirts a fair bit longer over the past year or so, & I think they will have black & white options. Quality's not as good as Boden, though, & last time I bought an m&s T it shrunk an inch or so in length in the first wash.

SpringyReframed Sat 15-Feb-14 12:08:35

I now have 4 of the Boden layering long sleeved t's. The are very fine cotton but look great and wash like a dream. I've never had the "normal" ones so couldnt comment on those but it is the fine cotton of the layering ones I love. I think they are £22.00 full price but I wait till a 20%.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now