Talk

Advanced search

Dungarees...cute or not?

(33 Posts)
mummyjones1 Fri 14-Feb-14 13:40:03

Hi lovely mummies,

Am just trying to help my lovely friend out who is writing a blog and was just wondering if you would mind just taking a sec to let me know what you think of dungarees for your little ones? Are they cute? Are they practical? What do you like about them and what don't you like?? Would really appreciate it if you could just let me know.

Thank you very much in advance smile

squoosh Fri 14-Feb-14 13:46:27

Dungarees are super duper cute on little people.

Definitely not one tiny bit cute on adults though.

mistlethrush Fri 14-Feb-14 13:47:42

They're great on small people as they don't pull a nappy down and they don't 'come apart in the middle' when they're walking or crawling or being carried. Also, if poppered, very easy for changes.

MistyB Fri 14-Feb-14 13:50:25

Super cute on little people. Become less practical as soon as potty training starts.

colafrosties Fri 14-Feb-14 13:59:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SnowBells Fri 14-Feb-14 14:11:02

My DH made me give away my old, beloved Gap dungarees to charity… sad. A week later, I read dungarees were 'in' again. Typical...

cloudskitchen Fri 14-Feb-14 14:13:06

Gorgeous on little people not so great on full sized people

WhereIsMyHat Fri 14-Feb-14 14:14:59

I love them but the poppers annoy me as they just pop open constantly so I'm on the lookout for non popper ones for my 1.5 year old. A friend of mine just sewed around the poppers on her daughters dungarees to solve this problem but I'm too lazy.

WallyBantersJunkBox Fri 14-Feb-14 14:15:10

DS had two soft denim poppered ones as a baby. They were very practical. He had a long back so it kept him covered nicely.

When he was 3/4 I bought him Levi Dungarees. They were very cute but scaled down adult ones (with the wired button hooks) so not very practical for toilet trips.

HellsGranny Fri 14-Feb-14 14:18:06

I love dungarees (or dungadoodles as we call them in our house) on small boys. They look cute on girls too but I have 2 boys so not as much experience.

The poppers do sometimes come open but it's not that annoying. I think they're fab!

Hermionewastherealhero Fri 14-Feb-14 14:26:56

Can a pregnant lady get away with them?!

lurkingaround Fri 14-Feb-14 14:35:24

Noo! I really don't like them on pregnant women!

ShadowFall Fri 14-Feb-14 14:36:47

Very cute on babies & toddlers.

Not cute at all on adults.

TulipOHare Fri 14-Feb-14 14:43:07

Love them on children of all ages, and wish they were more available post toddler age.

Also, controversially, like them on grown women, with caveats that I won't go into about shape / style / figure / hair.

I used to have a fantastic pair of dungarees in navy blue soft chunky cord when I was 21. I still miss them although definitely don't have the figure or face for them any more, sob

SkiSchoolRun Fri 14-Feb-14 14:44:58

Love them love them love them. The only drawback of potty training is no more dungarees!

Stars66 Fri 14-Feb-14 15:03:39

Love love love them, especially on my 18m old dd, who looks super cute and cuddly with them and a pretty top on. grin

Elsiequadrille Fri 14-Feb-14 15:04:47

Only if you're a toddler...

AndTwoBits Fri 14-Feb-14 15:05:36

They are adorable on babies and children. I don't like them on adults.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Fri 14-Feb-14 15:07:38

Gorgeous on little ones. Dts had (by accident) matching stripey next ones in the 90s, they were the bees bollox.
Best friend on the other hand had white denim ones. She looked like a painter.

PrimalLass Fri 14-Feb-14 16:03:32

Loved them on my kids. So cute.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 14-Feb-14 17:30:46

I had a white pair years ago (when I was slender, pre DC)

I looked like an extra from a kids TV programme.
(Cut them into dungarees shorts and hemmed them. Wore them on holiday , never IRL ) blush

DS wore dungarees as a little boy, he is so skinny, impossible to get trousers to stay up on him grin

schmalex Fri 14-Feb-14 17:32:59

I hate them. Ugly and the poppers are annoying.

People keep buying me them for my DS....sigh.

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 14-Feb-14 17:34:32

Very cute on toddlers.

AmongTheNarcissi Fri 14-Feb-14 17:59:46

Joules has them in the sale for girls. My 5 year old got them for her birthday and now won't wear anything else!
I love them and also wish there were more around. Wish I had worn them when pregnant- it's too late now. sad

Floisme Fri 14-Feb-14 18:02:33

I wore them in my twenties blush It was a long time ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now