Talk

Advanced search

Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm

(11 Posts)
Freddiefrog Fri 14-Feb-14 12:25:30

My 12 year old DD has been begging for these for ages. Was in town earlier and thought I'd treat her to one.

£3 a pop in Boots, although Superdrug has them buy one get one half price, we've got millions of abandoned lip balms floating round our house, most of which cost less than a quid. What's so special about them?

Are they actually the holy grail of lip balm, or, as I suspect, are they just the latest pre-teen 'thing'?

More to the point, am I missing a trick?

Vickiyumyum Fri 14-Feb-14 12:27:54

I think they are just the latest thing. I brought them a while ago, as I had read about them on a few blogs I follow and superdrug had a 3 for 2 offer on. They are just normal tinted lip balm. I gave one to dd who I 7 and the other to ds1's girlfriend who's 16 and she loves it. no different to Vaseline or carmex imo.

Vickiyumyum Fri 14-Feb-14 12:28:46

For younger girls is it possibly that they have a slight tint to them so they think they are getting away with wearing make up at school?

sammatters Fri 14-Feb-14 14:04:41

I really like them, I find they keep lips moisturised for longer than other lip balms I've had, so they last for ages. The tint is very subtle, barely visible on me.

DesperateHousewife21 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:47:02

Ive just bought one (at 23 I hope Im not too old!) and really like it, I was worried it made my lips too pink but my friend said it looked fine so I wear it everyday. It makes a nice change to just plain vaseline but also gives moisture where lipsticks dont.

ProfondoRosso Fri 14-Feb-14 14:50:20

It's alright, perfectly nice. I got one free with another Maybelline purchase at Christmas, but I wouldn't say it's any better than most decent quality lipbalms.

TeamEdward Fri 21-Feb-14 17:28:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CointreauVersial Fri 21-Feb-14 19:10:23

Latest teen "thing" in this house. No better than 1001 other lip balms.

flippinada Fri 21-Feb-14 19:17:42

I think they've been recommended by a few beauty bloggers so that might account for the popularity?

randomfemale Fri 21-Feb-14 19:19:00

Not heard of these but I am a huge fan of Vaseline rosy lips - wear it all the time.

accuralworld Fri 21-Feb-14 20:30:14

Damn you all. Just been to Sainsburys and brought the cherry one. No willpower sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now