Talk

Advanced search

Do you OCM your body?

(5 Posts)
nappyaddict Fri 14-Feb-14 11:19:24

I have been doing the OCM on my face for a few years now after finding out about it on MN.

I use castile liquid soap on my body but I do find soap quite drying - even all natural ones. I was wondering if anyone uses OCM in the shower too and what they use? I was thinking something that's solid at room temperature would be best but not coconut oil as I know that blocks pores. I know palm oil is solid at room temperature but I think it is not very environmentally friendly. Any other ideas?

MrsLettuce Fri 14-Feb-14 12:09:47

I use (cheap) honey with (cheap) espresso ground coffee mixed though it. Lovely for my other wise permanently under-hydrated skin but a tad messy.

MrsLettuce Fri 14-Feb-14 12:11:49

Had to quit OMC though, even sans castor oil it was way, way too drying.

nappyaddict Fri 14-Feb-14 16:47:01

I use avocado oil or apricot kernel oil with a few drops of argan oil and pomegranate seed oil for extremely dry skin. What oil were you using?

MrsLettuce Fri 14-Feb-14 17:22:42

I was using much the same - avocado, macadamia and argan. TBH I'm pretty sure it was the heat and the constant (very gentle) exfoliation that were the problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now