Talk

Advanced search

Teenage bra help !!

(10 Posts)
BeTheHokeyMan Thu 13-Feb-14 21:51:13

Am a bit stuck trying to figure out my 13 yr old dd correct size -she is measuring 30 inches underneath and then 35 inches across the fullest part of the chest.Am i right in thinking this makes her a 30E?Im an F cup myslef and her breast are no where near the size of mine !!Appreciate any help as i really want to get her wearing the correct size bra as early as possible

Take her to Bravissimo. Honestly it's worth it ..both of my girls were in the wrong sizes til they went there and it's so worth getting it right from the start. Generally they put people down a back size as most people wear bras that are too loose. My girls are a 28J (!!) and 28DD and have been going there since they were about 13. Do not go to M+S!!

BeTheHokeyMan Thu 13-Feb-14 21:59:47

Have heard great things about bravissimo but my nearest branch is the Belfast(am in southern ireland ) sad

CelticPromise Thu 13-Feb-14 22:00:54

It would be DD for starters, you forgot the double. What's your back size? 30DD would be roughly as much boob as a 34C, not big at all. I second Bravissimo, you can get cheaper from Brastop one you are confident about size.

CelticPromise Thu 13-Feb-14 22:02:22

X post. Try Brastop then, they have reasonably frequent delivery deals outside UK. Or Amazon have a surprisingly decent selection.

BeTheHokeyMan Thu 13-Feb-14 22:18:47

AHHH i forgot DD doh!!Im a 38F so im much larger than her and i couldnt get my head around the fact that she was only a cup smaller than me blush

Thank you all for the tips will check them out smile

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 22:26:41

And don't forget that an F in a 38 is a totally different cup to an F in a 30.

treaclesoda Thu 13-Feb-14 22:33:20

Don't be taking a day trip to Belfast for Bravissimo, because I'm sorry to say that there isn't one. Sadly. I've been contacting them for years begging them to open one here and about seven years ago they said they were looking for a suitable premises, but there is no sign of one yet unfortunately.

Eggs Thu 13-Feb-14 22:41:16

go to Arnotts, their underwear department is really good. I think you need to book an appointment for a bra fitting at weekends.

Madlizzy Thu 13-Feb-14 22:47:28

My 14 year old daughter is a 28DD. I buy her bras from m&s angel range or curvy Kate or Freya from either eBay or amazon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now