Talk

Advanced search

Jeans jeans jeans please help

(32 Posts)
Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Feb-14 21:10:14

Hi I need new jeans!
I'm wearing size 10 Next everyday slim fit but they are a bit baggy now. I need high waisted (dd is 10m old) so I was going to try a different style from next. But apparently next jeans all go baggy. Is this true?

I bought a pair of skinny jeans from All Saints & wore them for 2 hours tonight- but I could feel my pulse behind my knees & they are far too tight in the leg. So they are going back to the shop.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Slim fit, not ultra skinny, up to £100, dark blue or black.

Thanks!

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 21:20:02

I always recommend these on jean threads, but I love Gap High Rise Skinnies. Currently 30% off on-line.

Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Feb-14 21:31:43

Ooh that sounds great, thanks!

Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Feb-14 21:48:14

There are two high waisted skinnies on the website with different pictures and different part numbers, but the description is identical.

Should I just buy both & see which fits?

Also, are gap true to size on the waist measurement?

Cherrypie32 Thu 13-Feb-14 21:48:19

I have a great pair of Dorothy Perkins high rise skinnies that only cost about £18. They don't sag or bag at all and hold everything in. They are a great everyday jean.

Bunbaker Thu 13-Feb-14 21:50:27

I bought a fab pair of straight cut jeans from Sainsburys recently. They washed well and didn't shrink. They cost an unbelievable £14!

AmethystMoon Thu 13-Feb-14 21:50:49

I second the recommendation for GAP high rise skinniest amazing jeans, and great price. I did fine the black fade though so maybe the indigo are best.

AmethystMoon Thu 13-Feb-14 21:51:26

Skinnies...bloody auto correct blush

Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Feb-14 21:51:27

Thanks Cherry, I had spotted them but thought they would be too skinny- they are called super skinny on the app. Worth trying then?

Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Feb-14 21:52:49

Ah, another gap vote. I wish the 30% off was in store too! I think you've gotta try em on to get the right waist size.

AmethystMoon Thu 13-Feb-14 21:57:31

They do 30% off in store regularly if you sign up to their VIP emails. I only ever buy jeans there when thirty percent off smile

Cherrypie32 Thu 13-Feb-14 22:00:28

Super skinny looks like mine yes. They are tight to the ankle which I like as wear them tucked into Uggs or other boots mainly. That said I wore with my Ash Virgins (like Converse) today and they looked fine. They have a good stretch but don't lose it and thicker than jegging material. I wear a 14 and am tipping more toward 16 recently.

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 22:02:28

I have the black ones - currently £31.47, the dark wash - currently £48.96 and the mid blue wash - currently £48.96.

interestingly, the mid wash ones were £44 until they disappeared on-line before Christmas. They've now reappeared at a higher price. Grrrrrrr.

Size down. I'm a 10/12 with a 29" waist and 40" hips and I wear a 27 in these jeans.

Optimism Thu 13-Feb-14 22:08:07

I really like my White Company ones. I bought a pair in the summer that were massively reduced because there was a tiny hole in the side seam which I repaired easily. I then wore them all the time because they were so comfy. I ended up going back to buy a second pair.

Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Feb-14 22:11:45

Thanks Sorrell I'm off to find a measuring tape.
And reading the website properly the 30% off is in store too. Shopping trip tomorrow I think!

amothersplaceisinthewrong Thu 13-Feb-14 22:16:37

The Next Lift Slim and Shape do not go baggy.

Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Feb-14 22:42:20

Now that is what I wanted to hear!!!

Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Feb-14 22:56:18

Ok had a look online and gap only do a 27 waist in the dark blue. And according to their sizing a I don't exist! 14 waist & 8 hips. V odd. I know I have a stomach problem but that's crazy!

Off to next tomorrow to get the lift slim & shape jeans slim leg in dark wash. Return the all saints jeans.

Thanks all!

kaumana Thu 13-Feb-14 23:06:18

IME Next cut bigger round the waist and thinner on the leg/hip but across the range it varies. So grab more than a few pairs to try on.

Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Feb-14 23:09:23

Ah that sounds ideal for my shape then!

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 23:13:04

That's odd, it looks like they do a 27 in the mid wash, dark wash and black but are out of stock in black? I would say go with your smallest measurement!

nikkihollis Fri 14-Feb-14 08:03:54

Is it just me who finds that any GAP jeans with stretch in them get bigger and bigger after a couple of hours? I have stopped buying jeans there because of this. They go from too tight too too baggy within half a day.

My favourite skinny jeans are Oasis Cherry. They keep their shape, wash well, are tight but let you move/breathe without feeling as if your blood supply is being severed and come in quite a lot of colours.

LoveVintage Fri 14-Feb-14 10:38:32

I have bought Next jeans for years as they always fitted me well, but recently the sizing has gone bonkers. I have always been a size 10 there but now that size is often too big for me, which is ridiculous as I am not a "skinny 10". I have two pairs of their relaxed skinnies which I love when I put them on, but go baggy after even one wear. Am off to try Gap.

SorrelForbes Fri 14-Feb-14 11:28:03

My Gap ones are all fine, but I do size down and always buy the smallest pair that I can squeeze into! I never tumble dry them or use fabric conditioner either.

Justgotosleepnow Fri 14-Feb-14 16:35:44

Ok so I tried the next lift slim & shape. The 10 was a ok fit- but would definitely be too big after a few wears. The 8 was way too small.

I might try the gap ones on in the shop.

And I've found in my wardrobe some black jeggings from TU Gok range from a year or so ago. They fit again! And are lovely on. So just on a mission for dark blue jeans. At least that narrows it down a bit smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now