Talk

Advanced search

Budget Jeans help please

(24 Posts)
HauntedNoddyCar Thu 13-Feb-14 18:56:02

I have a lovely pair of jeans that have finally gone through at the knees. I hate shopping with a passion and we're on a budget after house buying.

My old jeans were from Tesco. They are somewhere between straight and skinny. Mod rise classic jeans type style. Not too clingy or thick. They also fit beautifully over my biker boots which are my every day wear.

I could spend up to 40 quid I think. The local shops like NL and DP have only v. skinny jeans which won't go over my boots. I'm a 14 and average height.

Does anyone have any brilliant suggestions? Excellent online sources?

DH offered to hold the fort while I swan off to big town 20 miles away but it's my idea of hell and I'll just get fed up and miserable.

BigW Thu 13-Feb-14 19:00:04

Not helpful, but marking place as I too am in need of jeans.

I have a couple from Next that are quite nice and straight like you want. They're pretty reasonable too.

HauntedNoddyCar Thu 13-Feb-14 19:02:50

Company on my fruitless search is welcome smile

musicmaiden Thu 13-Feb-14 19:14:22

If you don't want proper skinnies I would say look in Next as theirs are good. DP definitely do a straight and a looser skinny (as opposed to ultra skinny).

I take it you didn't have any joy in Tesco again?

I must admit I just wear my bikers over skinny jeans but I guess it might depend on the boot.

Maybe when you have found a pair blow the budget a bit and buy two pairs so you don't have to face this again! grin

HauntedNoddyCar Thu 13-Feb-14 19:24:45

Couldn't find any in our local DP. Maybe they aren't carrying much stock. Tesco and Sainsbury also only proper skinnies. These jeans are older than my boots smile Yes I could probably have an extra pair for my birthday if I find the ones!

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 20:49:36

Gap Real Straight might work?

Bunbaker Thu 13-Feb-14 21:54:16

I have just posted on another thread about this. I bought some straight leg jeans from Sainsburys about a month ago and they are brilliant. They haven't shrunk, fit beautifully and only cost £14!

AmethystMoon Thu 13-Feb-14 21:56:03

Yes GAP real straight are good for going over boots and leg not too slim cut or too wide. Fab classic style that wear well.

altogetherwonderful Thu 13-Feb-14 22:12:13

i got a fab pair in Primark last year for about a tenner otherwise Next Slims look really good in a range of washes/colours

makingdoo Thu 13-Feb-14 22:17:42

New look is your friend. The last few pairs I've bought from them have fitted lovely. I'm between a 12-14 and the 12 are great. Moderately high waist and lots of options in terms of leg type. Usually under £30.

I work in a dept store so have lots of different brands including Tommy Hilfiger, salsa, Elvis etc but my new looks always get me compliments!

Hebburnisaplaceonearth Thu 13-Feb-14 22:18:04

I have these from fatface which I like. My previous fatface pairs have always worn well. These come up quite long I think .

Hobbes8 Thu 13-Feb-14 22:23:29

I like uniqlo jeans. I think they all come in a super long length though, so you need to get them taken up in the store.

WhereIsMyHat Thu 13-Feb-14 22:31:36

H&m have some half price straight leg jeans at the moment that come in a good range of lengths.

WhereIsMyHat Thu 13-Feb-14 22:33:09

m.hm.com/gb/product/03797?article=03797-A#mediaType=FASHION_FRONT

bberry Thu 13-Feb-14 22:34:27

Oasis skinnier Scarlett's all the way!

kaumana Thu 13-Feb-14 22:36:42

Why would you want to wear jeans over you biker boots? Not a snark, just thought that biker boots were worn to be on show confused

Bunbaker Thu 13-Feb-14 22:44:39

Maybe the OP doesn't find tight skinnies comfortable. I don't. They don't suit me either, being a somewhat thunderous of thigh. Straight leg jeans suit me far better, and I don't like bootcut because the bottoms of the legs get soaking wet in this weather.

kaumana Thu 13-Feb-14 22:57:09

I understand both your points but as biker boots tend to be wider and have buckles. They are not the obvious to wear under jeans etc

HauntedNoddyCar Fri 14-Feb-14 10:47:13

Sorry - internet problems.

The boots have buckles around the ankle and you can see them. The boots are for comfort rather than for show. I know they are there which is what matters smile

Sainsbo didn't have any when I looked a week ago. All proper skinny.

Now we have internet back I will look at Gap and may attempt trip to larger town to NL, DP and FF. Or Gap online.

I have a good pair of skinnies but I don't wear them much.

I'll report back. Thank you.

thenightsky Fri 14-Feb-14 10:55:57

Where are all this uniqlo super long length ones then? I've looked at their website and can only find 33in. that's bloody average in my book angry

I need 35 or 36!

kaumana Fri 14-Feb-14 11:28:36

Gap have a 30% off all denim today if that helps.

HauntedNoddyCar Fri 14-Feb-14 12:34:04

Splendid thanks. Will order them and maybe the H&m pair online today.

LatinForTelly Fri 14-Feb-14 12:42:32

Next jeans really fit me - better than Gap Real Straight. I go for their 'slim' ones (not quite as tight on lower leg) but I read a thread on here the other day about their skinny ones being fantastic as well. About £20

MrsMarigold Fri 14-Feb-14 14:34:45

Uniqlo are bloody amazing - can you get to the shop? Maybe they have longer ones otherwise try brand alley for some good discounts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now