Talk

Advanced search

I'm about ready to shave my head. So fed up with my hair

(9 Posts)
Runlikeareindeer Thu 13-Feb-14 13:29:18

I have very thick, wavy, frizzy hair. It will curl if I use a specific product and twist individual pieces round my finger, but take a while.

I've straightened it, I've worn it curly-ish. But I'm fed up of not being able to do anything with it that doesn't take at least 30mins to style. And even then requires planning (like washing my hair the night before.

I've recently had an awful hair cut, where the layers were cut too short so it looks daft curly and straight. I'm fed up.

Anyone got similar hair, have any ideas?

cloudskitchen Thu 13-Feb-14 13:32:13

I have lots of hair and my go to styles are high or low messy bun. I use straighteners or babyliss big hair when I can be bothered smile

Runlikeareindeer Thu 13-Feb-14 13:33:31

Far too short for tying back now sad

I'm not sure about my hair tyed back, I always think my head looks too small. (Weird)

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Feb-14 13:51:24

I think you need to find a really good stylist. When I moved I was panicky about finding a good one (I also have really difficult hair) and I looked up my current salon by googling 5 star salons. They are given stars similar to a hotel. They tend to be more clued up ime. Its worth spending as much as you can afford also. Ime it's worth it as there's nothing worse than not liking your hair.

nomorebooze Thu 13-Feb-14 14:02:53

Babyliss big hair.......................................................

My friend uses this and her hair sounds like yours it tames ands styles it easily so she says! her hair always looks groomedsmile

Runlikeareindeer Thu 13-Feb-14 14:04:55

See I always assumed the babyliss big hair was for adding volume. Maybe I'll give it a GI.

cloudskitchen Thu 13-Feb-14 20:17:51

I avoid anything that adds volume but I have a bbh and love it. It makes my hair look more "finished" than big iykwim

Floisme Fri 14-Feb-14 08:21:38

Your hair sounds very similar to mine. For me, the cut is the thing. If I get that right, I don't need any products or gadgets, apart from a bit of gloop. If it's wrong, then nothing works. The layers need to be just the right length: too short and it all frizzes; too long and the weight of the hair drags out the curl. You need a better hairdresser, ideally one with curly/wavy hair themselves - they understand! I know that's easy to say. Ask everyone you know with curly/wavy hair where they go. Stop people in the street and ask. There are lots of other good tips on the curly hair threads. Good luck!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 14-Feb-14 08:23:08

I agree, no point shelling out money for gadgets, the cut should be right then you can just tweak it with products etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now