Talk

Advanced search

Mason Pearson hairbrush

(6 Posts)
carrielou2007 Thu 13-Feb-14 12:05:40

I have the super thick bush head hair, life changing Brazilian treatment kit transformed my hair after 40 years smile need decent quality hairbrush. Googling but getting 40-100 pounds not sure which I need? Medium or pocket? Recomebdwd or other options gratefully received grin

vintagesewingmachine Sat 15-Feb-14 16:59:42

I have a white Mason Pearson pocket size which my Mum bought me when I was about 8 and it is still as good as ever- I am nearly 40. It is about 6 inches long and fine for me but my hair is straight and while not fine, it is not very thick either. If you have masses of hair, perhaps the bigger one? Expensive but will last you lifetime. I also have Kent Nd Denman pure bristle ones which are also excellent.

Bananapud Sat 15-Feb-14 17:04:46

here is a guide unless you have extremely fine hair probably the bristle and nylon one is best. I have the large popular style which is the size of a normal hairbrush. Any smaller and obviously you spend longer brushing!

SavoyCabbage Sat 15-Feb-14 17:41:22

My ragamuffin headed dd has one and without wanting to sound too dramatic, it's changed her life! We were spending 20-40 minutes on her tangly hair before.

Hers is the medium which is probably a bit on the big side for her now but will be perfect eventually.

I would say get the medium if your hair is longer than a bob.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sat 15-Feb-14 18:17:02

I think mine is the medium mixture, I have had it about 7 years and have never regretted buying it.

OverAndAbove Sun 16-Feb-14 11:00:01

Not the pocket one. My DD and I both use one; I have a small-ish head and chin length hair, and she has a small head an long but fine hair. Sounds like you have a lot more hair! It is such a brilliant brush though; I've had mine for 12 years and it's like new

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now