Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dress for Christening that I can breastfeed in

(15 Posts)
Slh122 Thu 13-Feb-14 11:25:21

DS is getting Christened next month when he'll be 6 weeks old. I'm looking for a nice dress but have realised that I'll need easy access to my boobs for feeding! Am struggling to find something - all the nursing dresses on Mamas and Papas, etc, are a bit too boring. Any ideas?

sarlat Thu 13-Feb-14 12:09:51

Just had tge exact same dilema. My ds was christened last week. I wore a lovely a-line skirt and tee shirt style blouse. Felt great and had lots of compliments. Feeding wasnt a problem as top came up easily. I wore lots of gold chunky jewellery and glam hair. Didnt feel too frumpy but did the job. Try monsoon, oasis, warehouse, good luck.

BoBoo Thu 13-Feb-14 12:10:44

What about a wrap dress?

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Feb-14 12:17:27

There are quite a lot of button front dresses about at the moment - always really good for feeding in. What sort of colour are you after? An indication of budget would be handy too.

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Feb-14 12:18:13

yy, a wrap dress would work too but you need to be sure it's good and stretchy.

Slh122 Thu 13-Feb-14 14:54:53

MrsLettuce - I'm wanting something fairly bright - a lot of the nursing dresses I've seen are just black or navy and look quiet boring IMO.
Budget wise, I'm not sure really - if I see one that's expensive (upwards of 50) and I really like it, I don't mind. I don't want to pay a lot for something I'd only wear once though.
Will have a look at the wrap dresses, thanks smile

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Feb-14 15:12:21

too bright?
this is nice in both colours It's a wee bit short on the model but she's 5'9"

I need to go out but I'll have another look later if you're not sorted by then.

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Feb-14 15:16:17

Sorry, don't know what I was thinking with that first dress! this?

Slh122 Thu 13-Feb-14 16:08:50

Thanks MrsLettuce, will have a look at those links - really appreciate it smile

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Feb-14 19:10:06

red
crazy print, good cut
floral but not really bright YOu could add a cropped cardigan in one of the brighter colours in the print though
teal, not bright but a lovely colour

any of those anything like your after shape / colour wise?

Slh122 Thu 13-Feb-14 21:39:22

The Yumi and the teal ones are both lovely. I'll have another look round on the Internet. I'm going into town this weekend so will try get into Debenhams to have a try on - thanks very much Mrs, think I may have found what I'm looking for thanks to your help! smile

frankietwospots Thu 13-Feb-14 21:45:08

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Boden wrap tops are brilliant for feeding and look great with a flippy skirt or neat trousers.

clothing.boden.co.uk/search#w=wrap%20top&asug=&view=normal

SeekingLegalAdvice Thu 13-Feb-14 22:37:03

See: Mothers en vogue website

StuckOnARollercoaster Thu 13-Feb-14 22:43:29

I've shared this a couple of times on here because its the one I bought for a christening - really nice colour and wears really well. Got some plum tights and plum ankle boots and I felt brilliant - glamorous for first time in ages!
Fortunately have worn it a few times to different events (christening, xmas day, family party, friends party) so feel I've more than justified the cost.
There's lots of nice things on that website (I'm not part of it!) just very chuffed to find a few more options out there...

browneyesblue Thu 13-Feb-14 22:50:40

Someone on here suggested White Stuff to me. A lot of their dresses are very easy to feed in, and were very forgiving to my post-pregnancy body.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now