Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for applying primer...?

(6 Posts)
JapaneseMargaret Thu 13-Feb-14 08:25:24

I don't know if it's just me, but... I'm not getting it. And I suspect/hope the reason for that is down to me.

Tried the Avon one, and it gave me the pallor of a cadaver, even with foundation over.

I'm now trying the anti-chaffing gel one recommended on here, and while it thankfully doesn't make me look like death, it also doesn't make me look any different from the normal me. I'm not asking for miracles. I don't really expect a decade shaved off. But I would like to know what all the fuss is about.

Is less more, maybe? Is more more?

Are you supposed to leave it a certain amount of time before applying foundation?

Something else blindingly obvious that's eluding me...? hmm

thanks

AntoinetteCosway Thu 13-Feb-14 08:35:24

You shouldn't be able to see the primer at all-it shouldn't make any visible difference to your skin, just make you foundation sit and last better. The thing to ensure is that your primer and foundation match in terms of formulation. They tend to be either silicon, oil or water based and you need silicon+silicon, oil+oil or water+water. Any other combination and the primer won't work properly, may ball up and your foundation will look dreadful.

JapaneseMargaret Thu 13-Feb-14 08:46:52

Ah OK, that's definitely what was going on with the Avon primer, then.

But not this one. It just doesn't make any difference.

rumpled Thu 13-Feb-14 09:38:17

I didn't know any of that Antoinette thanks! thanks

pippamaw Thu 13-Feb-14 15:16:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TheGirlFromIpanema Thu 13-Feb-14 15:43:54

Check it matches up in the same way with any moisturiser you are putting underneath it too.

Learnt that on MN just last week or so and now my face is primed to perfection and non-shiny all day grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now