Talk

Advanced search

How to wear a pussy bow blouse?

(20 Posts)
Jemster Wed 12-Feb-14 22:48:18

I bought a cream pussy bow blouse from H&M before christmas but I haven't worn it yet as I'm not sure it's really me. I bought it for work as a kind of staple item but I don't know what to wear it with and fear it may look obvious that I'm not really comfortable in it.
I'm 5'3" and curvy size 12 and it just seems shapeless to me.
Any ideas how to make this work? I doubt I could take it back now but cross with myself for wasting the money.

VenusDeWillendorf Wed 12-Feb-14 22:59:08

Well you don't have to wear it all tied up and flouncy, you can leave it with a simple knot and let it dangle!

If you are really really curvy I would bring it back - who needs a blouse that adds five cup sizes to a 5'3" curvy size 12.
Maybe look at round or vee necks and a scarf if you want something around your neck for a while.

JohnCusacksWife Wed 12-Feb-14 23:03:04

Sorry, but they just make me think of Mrs Thatcher. Don't think anyone can make them look good...

colditz Wed 12-Feb-14 23:05:48

I came on to say a) be tall and b) be very very thin.

Have read your post. Take the top back.

Elderberri Wed 12-Feb-14 23:06:51

You need a pencil skirt, tuck it in, bow done up, plain tight fitting jacket, heels.

Amethyst24 Wed 12-Feb-14 23:11:25

Bow loosely knotted, skinny jeans, FMBs.

JeanSeberg Wed 12-Feb-14 23:12:04

I think I've got the same. Second wearing it with a pencil skirt and heels. I also wear it under a pinafore.

noddyholder Thu 13-Feb-14 07:31:42

Knot the bow to the side rather than middle if you are busty I have found that works

Snowdown Thu 13-Feb-14 09:52:41

No idea - I feel daft in them, uptight, overdressed, too prim but I like them on other people.

AGoodPirate Thu 13-Feb-14 09:54:38

I think you have to have no boobs and be very skinny?

NorbertDentressangle Thu 13-Feb-14 09:56:00

I think you have to be aged about 70.

JeanSeberg Thu 13-Feb-14 10:03:24

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/17926?article=17926-A

This is the one I've got. Admittedly the photo doesn't do it a great deal of justice although perhaps I'm delayed and I look 70 when I'm wearing it (despite being 24 years off that age). smile

JeanSeberg Thu 13-Feb-14 10:08:49

... deluded...

ThursdayLast Thu 13-Feb-14 10:10:50

I think you have to be Keira Knightly, sorry!

JeanSeberg Thu 13-Feb-14 10:11:44

Ah well, that's another delusion I can live with!

noddyholder Thu 13-Feb-14 10:17:38

I am not flat chested and wear them sometimes. Usually with slim jeans and heels not too over dressed Tie the bow loosely and blouse not tight they look fine.

plasticbanana Thu 13-Feb-14 11:29:17

I think pussy bow blouses can look gorgeous - especially with a high-waisted leather below-the-knee pencil skirt and heels. However, I also feel too ladylike with that look so I like to tuck mine into skinnies and wear with low-tops. I am flat-chested though wink

LadyVetinari Thu 13-Feb-14 16:30:32

I have one and am a very busty, 5'3, size 10. I wear mine with the ties either done up loosely in a windsor knot (I had to shorten them a little for this), or in a low, floppy bow, and with the sleeves rolled up to 3/4 length (important for balancing out all the drapery, I think). Mine's grey silk and I put it with charcoal coloured straight or skinny jeans and Dr Martens, lots of silver jewellery on arms and wrists (no necklace as there's already a lot going on in that region), and hair half-up-half-down using a pewter ibis clip. I then ponce around looking whimsical and pretending to be a poet...

You might need to put yours with indigo jeans and gold/rose gold jewellery since it's cream, but the overall look might work for you?

bialystockandbloom Thu 13-Feb-14 16:45:56

I don't think you have to be flat chested to wear them though you do want to avoid the Peggy Mitchell look but probably look best with a flat a bow as possible. And low down, rather than right under your neck.

Think they could look good with skinny jeans but undone, unless you've got v slim hips and tummy!

Pipachi Thu 13-Feb-14 16:47:13

Yes to pencil skirt or slim jeans. You don't have to be flat chested.
www.polyvore.com/retro_chic_la_sophia_loren/set?id=15836693

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now