Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bra help required!

(11 Posts)
EatsCakeForNoReasonWhatsoever Wed 12-Feb-14 19:21:46

OK. My final working bra has just bust an underwire and I'm not going to be able to make it to a Bravissimo any time soon, so I need some help please!
34.5 x 45.5

My boobs prefer not to get too cosy with each other (balcony style seems to work best) and they are (although I'd rather not use this adjective to describe my own boobs) slightly pendulous in shape (especially when leaning forwards to measure).

What size am I and any suggestions of what style would suit?

Hanginggardenofboobylon Wed 12-Feb-14 19:46:05

<amateur alert>
<prays for Sorrel or Statistically to come along soon>

34H and sizes around

Try the Cleo juna and Freya deco

SorrelForbes Wed 12-Feb-14 21:09:22

Yep, 34H/HH as a starting point.

<boob monitor badge for Hanginggardenofboobylon>

Would you say you're breasts are fuller on the bottom than on the top? Do they start from underneath your armpits or are they more narrow set?

EatsCakeForNoReasonWhatsoever Thu 13-Feb-14 10:10:52

They seem to start from under the armpits and are probably about the same fullness all the way, maybe a touch fuller at the bottom when I lean forwards (it's not a flattering angle for me!)

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 12:10:37

Some bras that could work well:

The Panache Superbra range (Tango II, Melody etc)
Fantasie Salsa
Fantasie Belle Full cup
Fantasie Serena
Tutto Rouge range

EatsCakeForNoReasonWhatsoever Thu 13-Feb-14 13:36:06

thank you. Tried some on at the local dept store (which has a decent range of sizes). It didn't go up to H, but I tried on a 36 G and the band was about right on most of the styles, but the cup size seemed too big, lots of room at the top where it was kind of baggy.

Maybe I'll just order heaps of size and style variations but send most of them back

Hanginggardenofboobylon Thu 13-Feb-14 17:26:49

At the risk of getting ahead of myself despite by badge wink I think the cups will be too big because the back isn't right, your boobs will be escaping! Did you 'scoop' ?

Hanginggardenofboobylon Thu 13-Feb-14 17:27:46

Oh and for online shopping Brastop is ace!

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 17:34:59

EatsCakeForNoReasonWhatsoever What type/make of bra was it? If it was a moulded t-shirt bra then they do tend to gape on a lot of people.

I would order three styles online in about three sizes and go from there.

EatsCakeForNoReasonWhatsoever Thu 13-Feb-14 18:14:01

Nope, a lace granny style one and 2 lace balconette-ish style ones, no padding. And I always lean forward into them and scoop. They were just saggy and unsupportive, though the back band fitted snugly. Think one was a Triumph and one was 'For Moi' or something. Can't remember the third one. Chan-wotsit? Chantelle?

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 18:21:39

Ah ok, sounds like full cups are not for you! TBH you're better off trying brands like Freya and Panache as they are properly constructed for those of us above a D cup!

I'd try something like a Cleo Juna, Panache Idina, Freya Patsy or Rio, Curvy Kate Emily, panache tango.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now