Talk

Advanced search

If you had £100...

(8 Posts)
CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 12-Feb-14 16:09:03

And had to make a work wardrobe, what would you buy?

Most people seem to wear shift dresses/tight trousers and riding boots while I was there, so it's smart but not uber smart.

I have a checkered shift dress that looks great (I wore it to the interview, and I always get compliments in it) and some light brown knee-high boots, but nothing else, really.

Help!

Hopefully Wed 12-Feb-14 16:18:32

Do you have shoes? M&S, randomly, is good for cheap heels that aren't too fugly IMO. Lots here.

If you can pick up a cheap pencil skirt from New Look or somewhere, then a couple of tops, you could wear the tops under the shift dress and with the skirt, with a mixture of boots and heels.

DaftSkunk Wed 12-Feb-14 16:20:00

I would definitely go for a couple of dresses, ASOS have some good reductions on dresses (i.e Oasis, Warehouse, French Connection) at the moment.

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 12-Feb-14 16:43:21

Thank you both smile

If it helps, I'm blonde and very fair, with green eyes. About 5 ft 2, 30DD and a size 10, but I'm working on eliminating the stomach! I love shift, wrap and skater style dresses . I'm a bit lost other than that! Please free to suggest clothing/dresses you love smile

bunnymother Wed 12-Feb-14 17:14:00

How about slim / skinny trousers from Gap? And Oasis have a few good things in, particularly a modern broderie patterned top.

Artandco Wed 12-Feb-14 17:21:44

Might cost a bit more or you can buy over time but I would have:

A shift dress
A pencil skirt
X2 shirts
Casual blazer
Knee high boots
Flat pump shoes
Lots of tights

Then you can say wear the dress in winter with a vest top and long sleeve basic top underneath to keep warm , and with tights and boots. In summer you can wear same dress with no tights/ nude summer ones and flats. Same with shirts etc, add vest and cardigan/ jumper in winter and alone in summer

DaftSkunk Wed 12-Feb-14 17:59:04

Couple of dresses which are quite nice.

Here

Here

Floisme Wed 12-Feb-14 18:13:54

I love dresses but, if you're on a tight budget, I'd go for skirts/trousers and tops - I think you'll get more outfits that way. Plus for the first time in ages, there new skirt shapes and lengths around at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now