Talk

Advanced search

White Company Bed Linen.......

(21 Posts)
cardoon Wed 12-Feb-14 14:47:43

Which would you say is the best style/thread count?

20% off for the next 4 days

ilovethewinter Wed 12-Feb-14 15:48:32

Sorry can't help with thread count,but I have a double duvet cover in pale bluey gingham from them which I have had for over 10 years and it is still like new!really good quality cotton.

cardoon Wed 12-Feb-14 19:05:12

Good to know ilove

Anyone rate the 400tc Savoy?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:24:53

We call it the shite company in this house after my 300tc sheets went into holes after 18 months.

I spent £500 on a full set plus mattress protecter & it's not worn well. I'm waiting to find something nice in tk maxx.

Celeriacacaca Wed 12-Feb-14 19:31:47

Ditto what Fluffy says. I've got yellow gingham sheets and pillowcases which must be 15 years old and they're still going strong. A white flat superkingsize sheet which I bought 6 months ago looks like a rag already and is fraying. The pillow I bought at the same time is also looking pretty sad. I've just replaced the sheet with a much better one from TKMaxx at less than half the price.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:37:01

You get six months to return you know, they told us anything over 6 months is fair wear and tear.

Which shows how much confidence they have in their stock.

I held the sheet up to show other customers what they were buying.

Marylou2 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:44:15

I have the Seattle set. I think they still do it.Not a high thread count but it's lovely and good value for money.I buy a set a year from White Company and they last really well .Tiny moan though, they can't sew buttons on and I always have to restitch them!

Ememem84 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:49:26

I love the white company. We spent a small fortune this time last year. I do not regret it.

(May spend another small fortune if try have a sale again)

ShirleySharpeyes Wed 12-Feb-14 19:59:56

Bed linen from duvet and pillow warehouse is as good, if not better than the White Company these days and less £££. I think the quality at the White company has really gone down hill, whilst their prices remain very high and you are purely paying for the label.

ShirleySharpeyes Wed 12-Feb-14 20:01:48

Forgot to say we have some brilliant linen from the White Company that is old enough to go to secondary school, the recent stuff, bought in the last few years has not fared nearly as well.

cardoon Wed 12-Feb-14 20:39:34

My favourite winter duvet cover, ever, is the WC Logan flannel, so luxurious. Now I need something cooler for summer. What style do you have from DAPW Shirley, the pity about them is you can't get a feel of the fabric but I know they are a great company - have 2 lovely down duvets from them.

studiously ignores celeriac and fluffy wink

bunnymother Wed 12-Feb-14 20:42:09

If you don't find anything you like in WC, Zara Home have nice bed linen that's affordable, only you might need to check their sizing.

cardoon Wed 12-Feb-14 20:50:27

Don't think I'd have any trouble finding stuff to like in WC bunny! grin

ShirleySharpeyes Wed 12-Feb-14 20:55:28

I think we have the ladder stitch (200TC) stuff in the spare room, so doesn't get used much but seems fine, and the plain 600TC stuff in white which is washing and wearing well (but is a bit plain/dull...).
I have to talk about interiors/bed linen as part of my job <cryptic> - and some of the rather sniffy people I deal with agree that the stuff from DAPW is as good, if not better than White Company. HTH!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:58:03

You will think of us if the holes appear grin

I hope it doesn't happen to you though.

enriquetheringbearinglizard Wed 12-Feb-14 21:03:35

Interesting that people say the quality's gone downhill.
I haven't got bedlinen from TWC but I have bought clothes, which have been really good and lasted well.

I buy linens from
https://www.kingofcotton.co.uk/?gclid=COm0iZS-x7wCFSTMtAodDWwAhQ

cardoon Wed 12-Feb-14 21:04:20

Plain/dull is good for me Shirl - does it feel goooood though?

ShirleySharpeyes Wed 12-Feb-14 21:20:26

It feels great, very smooth, soft and seems to get better with age (as all good things should). Despite my refusal to iron bedlinen or anything else it seems to be getting increasingly smooth the more I wash it - (and it's nearly 2 years old, washed weekly - we have two sets). The sniffy people I talk to have to process it more often - they own commercial properties and I've yet to hear a bad reports. <<Crikey, I sound as if I am on commission - I truly am not>>

cardoon Thu 13-Feb-14 11:25:30

Well that sounds just the ticket! Will investigate what offers they are doing.

cardoon Thu 13-Feb-14 19:12:15

One last question Shirley - does the 600tc have a good weight to it?

luvfizz Thu 13-Feb-14 19:24:11

I love my bed linen and used to buy from White Company until they changed their manufacturing which has produced poor quality. It's obvious by some of the threads, items bought many years ago have lasted, newer items are crap.

I'm with Enrique and now get my 600TC Egyptian Cotton Sateen from King of Cotton- it is wonderful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now