Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a good but cheap fake tan?

(11 Posts)
positively9something Wed 12-Feb-14 11:47:11

I don't want to look orange but I would like some colour! Something that makes my wobbly bits look less wobbly grin

Any suggestions? Also I would like one that is easy to put on and not too messy grin

Sparkle86 Wed 12-Feb-14 12:55:14

Cocoa brown mousse - get it from feel unique online or amazon or super drug smile

MikeLitoris Wed 12-Feb-14 12:57:18

St Moritz from home home bargains. I think its about £3.

Soltan mousse from Boots - they're doing a free mitt with it at the moment.

Redoubtable Wed 12-Feb-14 13:19:05

Another vote for Cocoa Brown- but wear gloves to put it on or have Cif on standby. It's very good for the price IMO.

positively9something Thu 13-Feb-14 18:08:05

So I have a fake tan now tips need for applying it grin

JustLikeHeaven Thu 13-Feb-14 18:16:07

Cocoa brown. . Exfoliate really well though day before and moisturize. . Shower the few days and apply.. Use gloves inside a tanning mitt. . As they always seem to leak. It's as good as the St tropez I have spent a fortune on.

Vintagebeads Thu 13-Feb-14 18:32:40

Mitt mitt mitt grin the best way to avoid streaks imo

notnowImreading Thu 13-Feb-14 18:38:39

No, and neither can the three girls in my class who turned up today having had a good go with one from Pound Stretcher. The pre-prom tan practice is one of the reasons I think I will never leave teaching - keeps me chuckling for months every year.

The girls said that it turns out to be a good idea to exfoliate and moisturise. They didn't know this beforehand.

God, sorry, I was nice to their (biscuit-coloured/textured) faces, I promise. Very understanding and sympathetic, honestly. I think Mother Theresa would have had a sneaky private laugh, though.

Skivvywoman Thu 13-Feb-14 19:28:51

I like the st moritz

swooosh Thu 13-Feb-14 19:53:14

St Moriz mousse. Exfoliate, moisturise and the day before then before doing it I apply moisturiser to my ankles, feet, knees, elbows, hands, wrists, face and jawline. Apply with a mitt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now