Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a new watch!

(12 Posts)
rockybalboa Wed 12-Feb-14 11:22:03

The watch my parents bought me for my 21st birthday has broken today after 15 years service. The metal holding the top strap on has twisted and broken so it's not fixable. I'm struggling to find anything I like because my old watch is bangle style so loose on the wrist and the fave is very small. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I will try and attach a picture to this post so you can see the watch.

Thanks!

rockybalboa Wed 12-Feb-14 11:31:38

Sorry, should have said that budget is up to £200.

In terms of my style, I am predominantly a Boden/White Stuff/New Look/H&M wearing 36 year old mum of 3 with blonde hair. I'm 5ft 3 and a size 12/14/16 (depending on shop) although I am trying to lose 3 stone...

My day to day jewellery is all pretty simple and consists of platinum wedding ring, platinum engagement ring with one emerald cut diamond stone and on the other hand a white gold band with a brilliant cut diamond. I wear white gold stud earrings with brilliant cut diamonds most days too.

I quite like this one for it's style but it is WAY over budget mother of pearl

I also like this wooden watch because it's a bit different but still quite neutral and not glitzy. But I think it might be a bit chunky.

Maverick66 Wed 12-Feb-14 12:25:28

Have you looked at Fossil they have some really nice ones .Debenhams have quite a good range of watches and usually have some sort of offer on them.

rockybalboa Wed 12-Feb-14 15:51:47

Thanks Maverick. Fossil have some quite nice ones, I like [http://www.fossil.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=32553&langId=10&catalogId=25005&categoryId=&cm_vc=2020&pn=sr&productId=22436473&imagePath=ES3262&Ntt=mini&metaData=eGZfY2FzX2YzMl9udGtfY3M6V2F0Y2hlcw== this one]] but I'm not sure about going for the rose gold. They do it in silver but with a white leather strap which might be A Bad Idea.

rockybalboa Wed 12-Feb-14 15:52:23

Link fail...

this one

Maverick66 Wed 12-Feb-14 18:21:38

Hi Rocky this particular watch is gorgeous. I have actually bought this in the white strap/rose gold combo for my sister's birthday smile but she wears rose gold. With your jewellery all being platinum you would be best to stick with silver. My sister has a gorgeous DKNY one which she bought in an independant jewellers for £120 she is very fond of it (sorry technophobic or. I would link) Michael Kors have some lovely ones too but a bit bulky. Check out Watch Hut site smile

rockybalboa Thu 13-Feb-14 08:59:51

Thanks Maverick. Whilst browsing on WatchHut I discovered a brand called Skagen (actually a US brand pretending to be Danish!) and found a lovely petite watch with a white ceramic strap. It was £120 on WatchHut but I found it for £50 on Amazon so we'll see what it's like. Will post link later when I'm not on my phone if you like. I did really like the rose gold Fossil one though but it just didn't go.

Maverick66 Thu 13-Feb-14 18:57:08

Hi Rocky I love the Skagen brand.I'm a bit of a watch fiend. I have a Raymond Weil which I really love but there is so much choice out there! Good luck !

platanos Thu 13-Feb-14 19:23:42

Boccia are quite similar to Skagen - many of their models are cheaper though. I have had one for over 10 years, very good quality, looks more expensive than it was, and get lots of compliments on it. Worth a look?

Maverick66 Thu 13-Feb-14 20:12:12

Yes it would be worth a look. Never heard of brand but no harm in window shopping. ;)

CointreauVersial Thu 13-Feb-14 22:36:26

I was just about to recommend Skagen, but you've found them already.

I love my Skagen watch.

rockybalboa Fri 14-Feb-14 16:52:57

My Skagen one arrived today and it is soooooo pretty, I love it! Just got to get a few links out and I can start wearing it gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now