Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear with jeans? Stuck in a clothes rut

(9 Posts)
sunnyflowers Wed 12-Feb-14 10:32:59

Hi

I seem to live in leggings and have done for as long as I can remember, to the point where I feel really uncomfortable when wearing jeans etc.

So everyday is leggings,long jumper/top and boots/balletpumps.
That's it....everyday!

So i want to change and start wearing more variety, however I'm not really sure where to start. I still have baby weight with a rather flabby tummy and quite big thighs, I don't know what to wear on my feet in the cold weather and I don't think my coat will go with jeans and trainers etc.

Help please grin

I don't have many jeans that fit. I'm still carry

sunnyflowers Wed 12-Feb-14 10:33:48

Excuse the last line, that wasn't meant to be there.

I wear Converse with my jeans, I haven't found my feet cold, but then again I'm not standing still for too long eg waiting for a bus.

I wear tops that aren't too fitted around my hips so that they don't cling to my muffin top.

I have no idea if I'm doing it right, is just what I do!

FoxyHarlow123 Wed 12-Feb-14 10:47:52

New balance trainers look great with jeans.

aylesburyduck Wed 12-Feb-14 10:56:36

I accidentally bought long length jeans and they are a PITA. I have been rolling them up to mid calf and wearing them over black boots, and wearing with a black skinny rib polo neck and cream poncho or a grey gilet.

I had a couple of longish tops very short dresses last summer that I wore over jeans, great for hiding the bigger bits

hth

Ujjayi Wed 12-Feb-14 10:59:47

WRT jeans, I know the consensus is that a bootcut balances out a heavy thigh but IME they are not flattering and always make me feel somehow heavier and ungainly. Stick with straight legs, worn long (i.e. so they sit on the top of your footwear with a little slouch).

I wear boots - either ankle or knee high.

Tops wise - slouchy knit and long sleeve tee layered beneath for warmth (I also make regular use of heattec tops from Uniqlo as I really feel the cold); blouses and cardigans (that sounds frumpsville but think Isabel Marant rather than M&S/Whitestuff).

I am quite pear-shaped at the moment (lovely medication has made me gain weight - specifically 6lbs on each thigh and nowhere else?!!) and I find I need to wear loose fit clothes on my top half to balance out my thighs but not go so baggy that it looks shapeless.

Pinterest has loads of ideas.

If you want to shift the weight...I can highly recommend Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs. It is exactly that! But it is beginning to make a difference to my legs after just a week of use. It only takes 30 minutes too.

jennifleurs Wed 12-Feb-14 11:02:52

Have you tried jeggings? Soo comfy and I think they look nice for everyday casual. I get mine from New Look as they're cheap and a good length for me (5'8)

I got some suede ankle boots from Clarks just before Christmas and wear those whenever I'm not in my work shoes. They're really warm and go with pretty much everything.

I always wear looser tops with leggings/jeggings, long vests and cardis too. Anything that's comfy!

Skivvywoman Wed 12-Feb-14 11:36:36

I wear converse,nike air max, ugg boots, long boots whatever goes with the top I'm wearing that day

Lj8893 Wed 12-Feb-14 11:41:03

I was much the same as you, lived in leggings!!! I decided it was time to stop, and since I got holes in my last pair of leggings I have refused to replace them.
I wear skinny jeans (I am by no means skinny) with riding boots or ankle boots with longish jumpers or a shirt.
Riding boots, jeans, crisp white shirt, cream blazer and a colourful scarf is my favourite outfit at the moment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now