Talk

Advanced search

Eye make up for HoC Autumns

(6 Posts)
r2d2pink Wed 12-Feb-14 05:37:13

Hi Ladies, I have recently been 'diagnosed' as a Deep Autumn. I am barely coming to grips with the clothing side, never mind the make up. Do you have any favourite eyeshadows/eye creams or other eye make up products which have perked up your make up routine? I am a brunette who needs help in the make up department!

Hopefully Wed 12-Feb-14 06:55:54

What colour are your eyes? I have hazelly eyes and I like dark petrol green or moss coloured eye shadow close to my lash line, with pale biscuit/cream over the whole eye area. I use a mixture of dark brown and dark green if I am going for a smokey eye look. I mainly use HoC eye shadows, but also Mac and YSL - they both do some nice autumn colours in eye pencils and mascara.

Snowdown Wed 12-Feb-14 06:59:34

Pretty much the same as hopefully hazel/brown eyes...mostly go for a cream shade and nights out I add in a little green. I've never been able to wear heavy eye make up.

r2d2pink Wed 12-Feb-14 08:01:06

I have brown eyes and when I did the colour day, I tried the HoC mossy green which was a winner, and a golden eye shadow. It seems better for night outs though (which is perhaps a bit conservative of me...). Was wondering about other colour combinations...

Hopefully Wed 12-Feb-14 08:09:06

Aubergine/plum can be a good colour for us too, but I find it's too heavy if I do it all over - I tend to do a creamy nude base and just aubergine coloured eyeliner, and smudge it with a cotton wool bud. Grass green can also be nice as an eyeliner.

My lazy everyday eyeshadow is pale gold with bronze as liner, blended up to make it slightly softer.

r2d2pink Wed 12-Feb-14 09:55:35

Thanks for all the tips! I am so uncreative when it comes to make up. This is great. Keep them coming autumn Ladies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now