Talk

Advanced search

5 weeks to look fab not fat. Can I do it?

(22 Posts)
Twinkleandbunty Tue 11-Feb-14 20:45:32

I've got a big party to go to in 5 weeks time.
My ex will be there with his girlfriend OW and she is 12 years younger than me and very slim.

I was size 10-12 and fit as a flea before having my DS and have progressively put on weight since having him and raising him alone.

I've started low carbing and am ordering the 30 day shred as I've read here that it's excellent.

I'm tall with a biggish frame and currently size 16. I'm determined to do this but how much is it possible to lose healthily?
I'm considering combining low-carbing with the 5:2 if anyone has done that!

Scarbella2 Tue 11-Feb-14 20:55:33

Weight watchers! It helps you understand the right foods to eat and you will loose about half a stone in those five weeks. Plus it's a way to meet people and have a chat. As a sahm some weeks I found myself looking forward to it.

Marylou2 Tue 11-Feb-14 20:57:43

Do you really want to play this game? Is your attendance compulsory? I'm sure your time, energy and peace of mind would be better served by taking time to make these changes rather than setting a 5 week deadline.Life isn't a competition and if it were OW has already lost.

Twinkleandbunty Tue 11-Feb-14 21:07:23

I really want to go Marylou. There will be other people there I want to see.
I don't plan on wasting any time in the vicinity of my ex, but I just want to feel as confident as possible!
Done WW before Scarbella and I'm no good with strict eating plans and points counting - I get too obsessed with food! wink

sillymillyb Tue 11-Feb-14 21:11:48

I'm rubbish at this sort of stuff, but if I was you I would have a weight kids wrap just before, and a spray tan. Invest in some bloody good underwear - a have a corset that works wonders and not being able to breathe is a small price to pay.

I hope you look and feel fabulous smile

sillymillyb Tue 11-Feb-14 21:12:20

Weight loss wrap.... Not weight kids wrap! That wouldn't help!

Twinkleandbunty Tue 11-Feb-14 21:38:08

grin milly
A corset is a great idea! I think I have a waspie somewhere actually...

Marylou2 Tue 11-Feb-14 21:41:46

Sorry Twinkle I was just checking you really wanted to go.I'd go all out then! 1500 cals a day, Xenical, body wrap, mani/pedi, cut, colour and bouncy blow dry. Leave new bra til the last moment due to weight loss and size change. What do you plan to wear?smile .

Twinkleandbunty Wed 12-Feb-14 01:13:08

Not sure yet, bought a jumpsuit in Cos just before Christmas and haven't worn it yet, so maybe I'll wear that with heels.
I'd love to wear a dress but I've got legs like a rugby player!

PrimalLass Wed 12-Feb-14 07:23:46

I need to do this in 3 weeks (40th). Am going for a combination of exercise every day (C25K, powerwalking, 30-ds), low carbing and home body wraps grin Have a naughty weekend away booked and want to enjoy it.

Good luck!

worldgonecrazy Wed 12-Feb-14 07:33:45

Shred twice a day, low carb, no sugar, follow the princessing routine, hair and make up done professionally.

And head up, chin out and smile. If you're feeling bitchy practice a slight look of pity, after all a mistress becoming a partner just creates a vacancy.

And finally, enjoy the realisation that your efforts were really not needed because they no longer have power over you.

r2d2pink Wed 12-Feb-14 08:06:48

Good luck OP, the best look you can wear is one of utter happiness and fun :-) All of the above should help + good disco music before going out!

sillymillyb Wed 12-Feb-14 08:18:08

I've just been thinking some more, can you get some eyelash extensions just before? I do my own individual ones for special occasions and they make a huge difference to how I feel.

I have just lost me first stone in 4 weeks with slimming world smile

working3jobs Sat 15-Feb-14 14:05:59

sorry to butt in....... what is the princessing routine? also intrigued about the home made body wrap?

i'd suggest drinking a big glass of water before each meal, low carb,cut sugar.
good underwear essential.
hope you enjoy the evening smile

happy2bhomely Sat 15-Feb-14 16:15:11

I've lost a stone since Christmas by cutting out sugar in hot drinks, halving portions of pasta/potatoes/bread, and walking 2 miles a day. I've lost almost 4 inches from my waist.

babySophieRose Sat 15-Feb-14 19:50:27

If you could eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, lots of water, no fat, sugar, carbs,only eat lean meat you can go down one or two sizes for this time. You know better if its worth it. This always works for me. First few days are hard, but gets results. And do not eat all day, 3 meals and 2 snacks only, half portions too.

RoomWithNoView Sat 15-Feb-14 20:51:18

I've recently started going to an exercise class at the gym every day (maybe you could get a one month trial membership?) Used to go to the gym and then just faff about for 15 minutes and spend more time showering and applying my potions than exercising.

But doing a class each day - I tend to do yoga, pilate etc - means I do at least an hour of serious exercise each day.

I've always been quite resistant to exercise, but now its so much easier to get myself there as I can see my shape changing, and best of all I feel really good.

I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and would say I'm down about half a dress size without dieting and feel so much more flexible.

freerangeeggs Sat 15-Feb-14 21:01:34

5:2 diet! And low-cal on non-fast days. I love it.

And don't weigh yourself if you've suddenly upped the exercise as your body will be retaining water and gaining muscle so the fat loss won't register on the scales and you might see a gain.

bigbutsrus1 Sat 15-Feb-14 21:26:06

Google shred with weights, level one free to watch. 20 mins and day using kettlebell, much better than the shred IMO. Low carb and cut out lunch and replace with a veg juice.

dizhin79 Sun 16-Feb-14 06:35:46

check out Jamie easin livefit trainer, it's on bodybuilding.com, it'll give you good results for toning arms of your outfit has arms exposed. I agree with the fab hair, eyelash ext., great make up and the fabulous demeanor.

Beauty can be about attitude aswell as a look!

dizhin79 Sun 16-Feb-14 06:36:17

Jamie Eason that should read!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now