Talk

Advanced search

Nigella's eyeshadow - any idea what she uses?

(20 Posts)
VestaCurry Tue 11-Feb-14 14:05:24

It's always a pinky neutral, then she uses black mascara and liner. I REALLY want the eyeshadow though - the pic of her walking into court a few weeks ago shows it quite clearly.

I know she uses By Terry products but I can't find any reference to a 'staple' eyeshadow but she always seems to wear the same (fab) flattering colour.

Any clues anyone,

ClaraDeLaNoche Tue 11-Feb-14 14:07:10

Yes I have wondered about this as well. And her lipstick. I bet her makeup artist uses a mix. Sorry not helpful at all! Nigella are you there to help us?

VestaCurry Tue 11-Feb-14 15:02:23

I think I read which lipstick - will check and come back.

VestaCurry Tue 11-Feb-14 15:11:13

Ok, she put's By Terry Baume de Rose (£38) over the top of her foundation (which she puts over lips as well as rest of face). The foundation is Skin FX Brite Prep (£44).

Not cheap, but I wouldn't expect it to be grin!

alicelooksinthelookingglass Tue 11-Feb-14 15:13:35

oh it's probably Rimmel or MUA.

Honestly- forget the branding- it's the hours and hours she's had in make up that gives her the 'polish' and the products are neither here nor there. The right tools and the skill of an expert to apply plus lighting could make us all look fantastic.

VestaCurry Tue 11-Feb-14 17:07:00

I agree Alice about the hours put in by a professional! An eye primer is a must for me these days, the MUA one is really good actually.

alicelooksinthelookingglass Tue 11-Feb-14 17:31:58

If you watch any of the Lisa Eldridge videos it proves how the right brushes, an artist and cheap products can make a huge difference - compared to us ordinary mortals slapping it on.

jubbablub Tue 11-Feb-14 17:33:25

It reminds me slightly of this set by benefit which is pinky
www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/big-beautiful-eyes

plentyofsoap Tue 11-Feb-14 17:33:45

Smashbox primer for the eyes makes a difference.

polyhymnia Tue 11-Feb-14 19:17:37

I love By Terry and use their eye primer which I really like and sometimes wear on its own - no idea if she does.

I'm also a huge fan of her Baume de Rose too - wear it every day on lips and also like to massage it into my cuticles. Haven't yet tried it as a highlighter.

JoanRanger Tue 11-Feb-14 21:49:19

Aeons and aeons ago when she wrote a beauty column she (unapologetically) wore exactly the same look, but all I remember about the eye shadow was that it was "mushroom".

God, why do I remember that and not last week?

HolgerDanske Wed 12-Feb-14 08:21:52

I've heard that she often replies to replies on her twitter account (or used to), you could ask her smile

HolgerDanske Wed 12-Feb-14 08:24:19

Argh replies to question, obviously!

HolgerDanske Wed 12-Feb-14 08:24:51

Okay yay, third time lucky

*questions!

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 12-Feb-14 14:19:10

JoanRanger was it possibly Mac Shroom ?

That's a pinky-beige, is a very popular neutral that has been around for eons...

zestypears Wed 12-Feb-14 14:34:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovethewinter Wed 12-Feb-14 15:39:29

The eyeshadow could well be Mac Shroom, I've read about a lot of celebs wearing it before.ZESTY PEARS,have a look at Mac lipstick in Faux as its very similar.

rockybalboa Wed 12-Feb-14 15:43:12

I was going to say Tweet her and ask. I've had replies to tweets from her before I was very excited

VestaCurry Wed 12-Feb-14 16:58:03

I think the shroom is too beigey grey to be the pinky one I like.

There'll be something close in the mac range so I'll treat myself to yet another eyeshadow grin!

polyhymnia Wed 12-Feb-14 17:17:36

Bobbi Brown cream shadows also have lots of lovely neutrals/ taupes / greys mushrooms to choose from.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now