Talk

Advanced search

Got measured in Bravissimo, new bra is so uncomfortable!

(46 Posts)
HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 11-Feb-14 13:35:05

Usually wear a 40D, was fitted in Bravissimo yesterday as a 38E. New bra is SO uncomfortable! Leaving red marks and an imprint on me around the band, I am permanently conscious of it. Is that normal? Will I get used to it? Want my nice comfy bras back!!

CareBearWithFangs Tue 11-Feb-14 13:41:10

My new bravissimo bras were really uncomfortable for about 3 weeks. Fab now though.

SorrelForbes Tue 11-Feb-14 13:43:18

Which bra is it? Some of my stiffer bras (Panache!) are very firm. I tend to gently bend the wires into more of a body shape (but only once I know I'm definitely going to keep it!).

I get imprints from all my bras but tbh they're only the same as the ones I get from a waistband or socks. They're not sore though.

Have you scooped?

HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 11-Feb-14 14:09:05

Yes a panache one, I have scooped and held the wire underneath and jiggled!

So bloody uncomfortable! Will persevere.

SorrelForbes Tue 11-Feb-14 14:23:02

Panache are generally very stiff bras. Are you scooping with plenty of vigour? grin I practically dislocate my arms stretching round to my back to drag all the very attractive flesh in to the cups!

HazleNutt Tue 11-Feb-14 14:32:03

Many women find Panache bras stiff and uncomfortable - yes, it should improve in a few days. But I would try other brands as well, personally I like Freya and Fantasie better. Or Curvy Kate, but you might need to go down a back size, as they tend to be very soft and stretchy.

Umlauf Tue 11-Feb-14 14:46:41

I had one panache bra like this and it never did improve. I'd persevere for another day and then take it back for a refit. If you were fitted you're entitled to exchange even once work with bravissimo.

HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 11-Feb-14 19:16:59

I honestly think they have to go back, I literally have a deep red/purple indentation around my body! Got home and had to strip it off it was so uncomfortable. I bought 2 of them at £26 each and for that price they have got to be comfy surely!

Chopsypie Tue 11-Feb-14 19:21:23

Mine were uncomfortable for a few weeks. But I grabbed an old one a few weeks ago and as soon as I put it on I felt dreadful. Like my boobs were swinging about all over the place

hotair Tue 11-Feb-14 19:23:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vaseoftulips Tue 11-Feb-14 19:24:48

Definitely take them back.

I've been fitted in Bravissimo before. The last time I ended up with a Panache bra that was just too tight. I never wore it.

SpringyReframed Tue 11-Feb-14 19:36:49

The same happened to me. I bought two and one gave me a bruise! The other was ok though and I've worked out I cant wear bras with heavy boning in the side. Not sure what you call that but it is an expensive way to find out.

SorrelForbes Tue 11-Feb-14 22:13:21

SpringyReframed That sounds like a side support/sling/boning type structure which many people find uncomfortable.

OOAOML Wed 12-Feb-14 00:07:53

I'd take it back - I have had one bad fitting there, and took back a bra I had worn all day (hot summer day too blush) and they took one look and apologised followed by spending ages refitting me.

HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 13-Feb-14 13:53:38

Took them back and went for a 40DD, currently feeling a lot more comfortable!

Tweet2tweet Thu 13-Feb-14 15:12:10

I had a really bad experience at Bravissimo this week. I won't ever use them again. I'm still waiting for a response from them.

SpringyReframed Thu 13-Feb-14 16:01:02

What Tweet2Tweet? shock

SorrellForbes, I find the Alana bra the most comfortable and that seems to have nothing at the sides much! I doesnt give the greatest shape, I admit, but it makes me happy for everyday wear and I dont get the desire to rip it off the moment I get in the door, and relieve the pain...Do you know any others like the Alana?

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 17:37:19

For shape I love the Cleo range. The Panache Jasmine is very popular too.

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 13-Feb-14 17:41:14

Increasing the cup size has helped with the red marks?!

Interesting. I get those same really painful marks.

Piscivorus Thu 13-Feb-14 17:42:17

I had the same with Bravissimo. It was so tight around the band it really hurt.

I am a "larger lady" and saw a photo my friend had taken when I was wearing it and it was digging in so much that the overhang made me look as though I had boobs on my back as well as my front blush

I will never go there again

SorrelForbes Thu 13-Feb-14 18:07:49

Increasing the cup size often helps with band tightness. Overhang is often a sign that you need a bigger cup.

marriednotdead Thu 13-Feb-14 18:10:41

There's so much more to a good fitting bra than the size. It's like buying shoes and jeans, they are all different and what one person finds brilliant, another will look and feel awful in. I've recently found the Freya Marvel to be the best style I've worn in years in terms of fit and comfort, but I can guarantee that other people here won't.

Bravissimo are always happy to refit you and exchange bras, even after you've worn them as long as their staff fitted you in the first place. I've had to return a couple of bras that seemed perfect at the time because they rubbed near my armpit by my smaller breast once I'd had them on for a while.

If you've had a bad experience, tell them. They take feedback and complaints (and compliments!) very seriously.

specialsubject Thu 13-Feb-14 18:18:25

clothing that hurts went out with the corset. Glad to hear the OP took it back.

Piscivorus Thu 13-Feb-14 18:48:15

Honestly Sorrell they gave me an F cup which is bigger than anything I have ever had before in my life and the overhang was not breast that could be scooped round it was just back fat (well don't I make myself sound glamorous! grin) It was not just at the sides of the back but in the middle as well, like this picture but much worse

I think they had no awareness of the fact that fat is squidgier than tissue on thinner, firmer people

nikkihollis Fri 14-Feb-14 08:14:17

I got three bras from Bravissimo in the summer and all of them dug in at the sides, were way too tight round the back and left marks on my shoulders. One of them got better but is still not great, one is just about wearable for half a day and the other is unusable. I wish I'd taken them all straight back. Reading this thread, this seems to be a problem there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now