Talk

Advanced search

Very serious bum cleavage - help urgently needed.

(10 Posts)
Bankholidaybaby Tue 11-Feb-14 12:45:31

I have a massive builder's bum. I wear Levi's bold curve jeans in 31 or 32 depending on what's not covered in baby sick my time of the month etc. when I'm standing up, it's fine, but every time I sit down on the floor, people step back gingerly in case they stumble and fall in. I'm going to a few baby groups at the moment, so I'm sitting on the floor a lot.

What am I doing wrong? If I go down to a 30, my thighs will try to break loose. I have a proper hourglass figure with small waist and gigantic hips and thighs. I can't wear high waisted jeans as I am the proud owner of a substantial post-pregnancy gunt.

WowserBowser Tue 11-Feb-14 12:46:53

Is the jeans? I used to get it in certain ones.

Clarabumps Tue 11-Feb-14 12:47:59

Watching with great interest.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 11-Feb-14 12:48:54

Have you tried sizing up? Wearing a belt? Buying jeans with stretch in?

Or just do what I do and wear a suitably long top smile

Middleagedmotheroftwo Tue 11-Feb-14 12:50:18

What ItsAll Going said - you're buying the wrong jeans. Shop around for a pair that fits properly, and stretches in the right places, or buy some long tops.

Haahoooo Tue 11-Feb-14 12:57:35

Not very glamorous perhaps, but I quite like wearing 'bodies' (if that's what they're called in English), a bit like a swimsuit under your clothes iyswim. That or longer tops.

Hopefully Tue 11-Feb-14 13:00:56

longer tops or higher rise jeans required.

MyRealNamesBernard Tue 11-Feb-14 13:27:36

Was just going to suggest high rise jeans, but Hopefully beat me to it! I wear high-waisted jeans and those long pregnancy vests from H&M as a kind of 'belts and braces' insurance against Builders' Bum, and they seem to do the trick very nicely indeed.

pleasesleepallnight Tue 11-Feb-14 13:30:42

I'm exactly the same - small -ish- waist, huge hips and big thighs. My only solution has been high-waisted jeans. New Look do a fab pair and I've got a few decent pairs from Primark.

SorrelForbes Tue 11-Feb-14 13:45:07

High waisted jeans are the answer. My stomach is the least of my figure issues, but I still love them. They sort of streamline me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now