Talk

Advanced search

Budget alternative to Elemis Pro-collagen marine cream

(13 Posts)
MuddyWellyNelly Tue 11-Feb-14 11:58:34

Any recommendations? Love the Elemis but having a major money save right now. I still have the night cream but forget to use it. Skin getting very dry now. I've quite sensitive skin but also can't use really greasy thick creams either. Cruelty free obviously.

Even better if it was sold in Boots or Amazon as I have points/credit to use!

SmileAndNod Tue 11-Feb-14 12:30:52

A poster last week recommended the vitamin e cream from the body shop as an alternative. Can't remember who it was but they said that they used to use pc marine cream all the time and was just as happy with the body shop moisturiser.
I need to kick my elemis habit too so will watch with interest smile

rumpled Tue 11-Feb-14 12:57:02

The lovely thing about the PCMC is the gel texture which absorbs really quickly. The nearest I've come is Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturing GEL. Not the lotion, definitely the gel.

It's not Body Shop cheap but with my last 50ml of PCMC being an eye-watering £76 it's much better for my purse!

1974rach Tue 11-Feb-14 19:38:02

Might be worth signing up for the Elemis newsletters from QVC. If they have a Today's Special Value on they very often put PCMC in, but also on the general Elemis shows they sometimes have PCMC on easy pay...helps a bit when you can spread the cost.

Frozenatchristmas Tue 11-Feb-14 20:14:21

There is a TSV on QVC on Sunday I think.

PinkandTwinkly Tue 11-Feb-14 21:05:44

The Superdrug Pure Hydrating range.
Really moisturising, but not at all heavy so soaks in really well/quickly.
The serum is bloody brilliant.

Paraben free, hypoallergenic yada yada yada. Squeezy tube so no finger dipping.
Love it.

Every item (day/night creams, eye gel, serum) are under a fiver and often buy one get one half price.

PinkandTwinkly Tue 11-Feb-14 21:07:11

Oh, i also love SteamCream. Light, but really heavy duty moisturising and strong herby lavender scent.

About a tenner for a large tin, but you can pick older print tins up cheaper.

MuddyWellyNelly Tue 11-Feb-14 21:09:34

Thanks for suggestions. Had a look at body shop but not sure what one it was. Might try super drug as super cheap. It's not really the paying for it now vs later, I just need to reduce outgoings for a few months. Will probably go back to Elemis then, as I really do love it.

MuddyWellyNelly Tue 11-Feb-14 21:10:07

Is steam cream super drug too?

PinkandTwinkly Tue 11-Feb-14 21:15:42

I always buy SteamCream on Line

This is the last one I bought, but there are other patterns much cheaper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003B1Z0HI/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_IkP-sb10QS887

DrankSangriaInThePark Tue 11-Feb-14 21:16:12

I have used Elemis Pro-C in the past, but was on a thread last week singing the praises of the Body Shop Vitamin E (intense and illuminating) creams, so might be me that SmileandNod means!

Honestly, less than £10, smells lovely, I'm hooked.

(I have tried everything at various stages, another favourite is Neal's Yard Frankincense, I tried the Superdrug Vitamin E but it is very artificially highly perfumed and I didn't really like it. L'Occitane Divine is very divine indeed (and so it should be for the £££s) but smells like dirty dishcloths...)

PinkandTwinkly Tue 11-Feb-14 21:16:23

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003B1Z0HI/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_IkP-sb10QS887

Hate posting links on here

MuddyWellyNelly Wed 12-Feb-14 13:10:23

Thanks for all the input. I've gone for the steam cream purely because I had Amazon vouchers! It will do for a turn hopefully. Skin is so dry so desperately need something. I will update if it works wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now