Talk

Advanced search

How long does your serum last? What do you use - budget not £££;

(39 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Tue 11-Feb-14 11:29:33

I started using a body shop vitamin e serum recently and really like it. But even just using one or two squirts a day I am going through it rather fast! confused

How long does yours last?

What do you use?
I'm on a fairly strict SAHM budget so nothing too £££ unfortunately.

Skivvywoman Tue 11-Feb-14 11:32:16

Sudden is that serum good for oily/combination skin do you know?

PottedPlant Tue 11-Feb-14 11:41:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frankietwospots Tue 11-Feb-14 11:45:23

I'm using the Superdrug Naturally Radiant serum/moisturiser in one and I reckon I get through a bottle in 4 - 5 weeks. I use it morning and night.

Xfirefly Tue 11-Feb-14 11:48:25

decleor aromessence serums are amazing and last ages. I've just finished mine and it last 7 months. smile costs around £30-40 depending on your skin type.

frankietwospots Tue 11-Feb-14 11:52:41

7 months??!! OMG. Might have to investigate..

cressetmama Tue 11-Feb-14 12:11:30

Sensibio (Bioderma) for about £15. I don't know how long it lasts as this is my first bottle. Very pleased with it after three weeks; my skin is nicely hydrated (but sadly still crinkly!) Guessing there is at least half left.

rumpled Tue 11-Feb-14 13:00:31

Decleor's serums are facial oils and do indeed last for ages.

My latest find is Revitalift 10 serum by L'Oreal. I'm seriously impressed with its line-plumping capability on my 40++ face! £13+ in Boots at the moment too.

HelloBoys Tue 11-Feb-14 13:34:42

Accordingly to a L'Occitane SA you are NOT supposed to use them every day!

I used to use Nuxe Serum Marveilleuse occasionally £££ and use Kiehls Midnight Secret when I remember.

I would repurchase the Nuxe only it's expensive and the Kiehls well it's ok may have to start using it again.

Suddengeekgirl Tue 11-Feb-14 14:34:04

skivvy - it says all skin types I think.
Fwiw I've started hot cloth cleansing, using serum etc. My combination skin is much more balanced now and my pores look much smaller without having to suffer any tightness/ dryness. smile

Looks like I'll get a month out of it so maybe it's not so bad.

Wish I could afford the £££ stuff but there isn't money in the kitty for the initial outlay - especially if I decide I don't like it - as I've done in the past! blush

Skivvywoman Tue 11-Feb-14 15:53:11

Thanks sudden I think I'll get some, I seen some serum in boots last week £58!!! If only

coffeeinbed Tue 11-Feb-14 17:46:39

Currently it's La Roche Posay Roseliac AR.
It's moisturising and calms down redness.
It will last 4 to 5 months, I use it once a day, sometimes twice.

I have also used Genifique and vas very happy with it, so might get some again.
This thing is though, L'Oreal had serums that are very similar to it, it's the same stable they come from.
If you can't get the high end it's always worth trying the big names like L'Oreal or the French parnacy brands.

Frozenatchristmas Tue 11-Feb-14 18:06:46

Currently using clarins double thing. £55. Can't wait to finish it as I don't see any difference at all!

RonaldMcDonald Tue 11-Feb-14 18:08:09

I use the Olay regenerist fragrance free
It lasts an age and is great for my combo/sensitive <acne prone> skin

rumpled Tue 11-Feb-14 18:09:56

frozen I had the same experience with Clarins - it went down really quickly too!

Frozenatchristmas Tue 11-Feb-14 18:15:34

What do you use.p now rumpled?

Skivvywoman Tue 11-Feb-14 18:18:35

Ronald is that a serum?

LilMissSunshine9 Tue 11-Feb-14 19:01:16

I buy vitamin e capsules cut them up to get to the gel and put it on overnight and found this has helped me

mumtoboys Tue 11-Feb-14 20:11:23

I use sweet almond oil from Holland and Barrett before my moisturiser. It is really gentle and not very £ and it's great on hair too. www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-almond-oil-for-skin-hair-and-health/#

mumtoboys Tue 11-Feb-14 20:12:31

Should add that it always contains vitamin E and other lovely things too!

Misssss Tue 11-Feb-14 21:05:27

Aldi multi intensive serum is really really good. This was the thing I credit with stopping me being a product price snob. It's only £3.49 and lasts me about a month.

Skivvywoman Tue 11-Feb-14 21:07:48

Miss is it for all skin types?? And do you use a moisturiser on top?

PinkandTwinkly Tue 11-Feb-14 21:10:46

Superdrug Pure Hydrating Serum.

If you Google there are quite a fee reviews singing its praises. Not the most luxurious range, but my skin loves it.

Loooove it. About a fiver and often buy one get one half price.

DrankSangriaInThePark Tue 11-Feb-14 21:19:37

I am also using the Body Shop Vitamin E. It will last longer than the Boots Lift and Luminate which I was using before.

I like the facial oil "serums" but an aromatherapist told me Decleor are a rip off as the ingredients are basically just pure essential oils which you can buy for yourself at a fraction of the price.

I liked Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate very much, but that was £££s as well. (not as much as the Clarins etc though) Smelled lovely.

DrankSangriaInThePark Tue 11-Feb-14 21:20:33

(I think the Aldi serum got top marks in blind testing out of about 200 different ones including high end Chanel-type ones)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now