Talk

Advanced search

Another bra intervention plea

(2 Posts)
ThreeAndDone Mon 10-Feb-14 21:29:42

I am in desperate need of help. I have just come across the mumsnet way and I wish I had known about it years ago. I live in Ireland and where I live we just don't have the stores so I am going to order online. Any advice on styles or brands for a large bust-I measure 34/44 (34H??). Anything I have tried in this size feels wrong (Debenhams poor selection) so I'm still going round in raggy m and s granny bras...help!

BirthdayMuppet Mon 10-Feb-14 22:45:13

34GG would be your core starting size, but can you describe what exactly you mean when you say the 34H's feel wrong? It may be a style as well as size issue. Is the band too tight or loose, how did it feel if you tried it on back to front to isolate the cups? Are the cups wrinkling or do you get quadraboob? Do you scoop? Secondly if you've a little padding on your ribcage then it wouldn't be unusual to need to size down in the band. In which case you should be trying sizes around 32GG/H/HH and you could also try 34H/HH as well.

As for sourcing pretty styles in large sizes, brastop.com is my go to place, and also ebay, you can get some amazing bargains on there (assuming you don't mind second hand, and bras do wash!). On brands I like Curvy Kate but they stretch enormously and occasionally run tight in the cup so def try 32's and possibly even some 30's (HH+ probably). I also like many of the bravissimo half cup styles, even if their wires are a tad too far back under the arms for my shape. Cleo Juna is a great every day bra, as are many of the other Cleo's, and I also like the Panache Andorra.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now