Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please help- need bra advice. Experts please reply to plea

(11 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Mon 10-Feb-14 14:18:34

I've never had a bra that fits. I've been measured everything from a 34 A to a 36 F. I've never owned a bra that doesn't leave red marks undermy breast and on shoulders. Most always ride up a bit at back too and nip at skin by armpit. I've wasted so much money and now want to get it right.

I stopped breast feeding about 2 months ago, though still feed first thing and last thing. I'm desperate for some new bras before I go back to work. I tried the bra intervention technique talked on here and measured at 30 inches under breasts and 38 inches across breasts when at 90 degrees. Does that make me a 32 E?

Also any tips where to buy a bra, is Bravissimo the place to go?

Any help/ advice really appreciated, thank you.

OneLittleLady Mon 10-Feb-14 14:22:32

I think it makes you a 30FF or thereabouts. Hopefully the gurus will be along to advise more thoroughly

ilovepowerhoop Mon 10-Feb-14 14:23:01

no it would make you a 30 FF

SorrelForbes Mon 10-Feb-14 14:25:27

Yep, head to Bravissimo if possible. I am going to guess you'll be around a 30FF maybe even a G depending on style.

Even a well fitting bra will leave some marks, (like a jeans waistband or the ribbing on a sock) but they should be sore.

A band riding up is a sign that it's too big which makes sense as you're currently wearing 2-3 band sizes above what you should be in.

Tweet2tweet Mon 10-Feb-14 14:28:23

Thank you. I don't think I have a particularly large chest, a FF or G sounds way to big. However I'm going with it as so many good results following bra intervention on here! Though I think I'm stuck at a 34 B in my head as was mostly measured that pre baby.

I'm going to call bravissimo to see if they can fit me in. Does anyone know if they are okay if you bring a baby, will organise a week day appointment where should be quieter I'm hoping!

SorrelForbes Mon 10-Feb-14 14:42:40

They will be totally fine about you brining your baby with you. A week day appointment is definitely a good idea, it'll be much quieter.

You need to bear in mind that a FF on a 30 band is really not that big

Tweet2tweet Mon 10-Feb-14 14:53:00

Thanks for link sorrel. Just booked appointment for tomorrow too.

Tweet2tweet Tue 11-Feb-14 11:59:15

I just had my appointment at Bravissimo. It was a humiliating and rather unpleasant experience. I'm surprised at how many good reviews they get on here as they made me feel like a second class citizen.

Ignored any mention of 30ff, put me in a 32 dd. Only one bra in that size fit, they tried no other sizes. The only one that fit was the most expensive in the shop. I had to explain that I didn't have £50 to spend on a bra at this stage.

I was put in a dusty, sparse changing room and had to put my coat on floor so baby didn't get dust on here when I let her stretch her legs. Baby was mostly ignored and treated like a distraction. On way out they wouldn't even hold the door for me with pram, 4 shop assistants gossiping at till and giving me a dirty look.

I will never, ever shop there again.

SorrelForbes Tue 11-Feb-14 12:05:02

Really, that's terrible. Which one was it? I have a contact in the company and I'm very happy to pass on your comments. I've only every had a great experience so am so, so surprised to hear that. What a dreadful shame.

WeAreSix Tue 11-Feb-14 12:06:09

Wow Tweet, what a horrible experience for you and baby. I really think you should let their customer services know, that's definitely not the Bravissimo experience!

Tweet2tweet Tue 11-Feb-14 12:29:23

Yeah, perhaps I should complain. To be honest it's really knocked my confidence. Was my first outing like this since having a baby. I feel like there must be something wrong with me, don't look good enough etc. I know that sounds mad but I've had low confidence after second baby. Was the Glasgow store.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: