Talk

Advanced search

Which is more likely to have caused this? :(

(9 Posts)
rollonthesummer Mon 10-Feb-14 08:33:04

I bought two new night creams-Estee lauder's advanced night repair and a Roc retinol sensitive night cream. Stupidly, because I was excited and wanted to try them, I tried them both over the weekend. I now have rather rough red cheeks with lots of tiny pinprick whiteheads and a big lump on one cheek! Boo-it's not fair!!

I suppose I need to stop them both but wonder which is the culprit?!

Lavenderhoney Mon 10-Feb-14 08:36:47

Could it be the mix of the two?

Leave both off til it calms down, then try one out. Its not anything else is it? Food, etc?

I've used the Estée Lauder one and it was ok, don't know about the other though

Hope your face calms down!

rollonthesummer Mon 10-Feb-14 14:32:32

Yes-it could be the combination-I hadn't thought of that. I've been out and bought some Dove soap-I think I'll use that then put on sudocrem at night. Unless sudocrem will block my pores?!

Any advice from anyone?! My cheeks look all rough and sore sad like all my cheek pores have tiny whiteheads sad

Lavenderhoney Wed 12-Feb-14 07:24:39

Has your poor face got better?

Hopefully Wed 12-Feb-14 07:35:33

I wouldn't put sudocrem on - surely t will block pores and stop air getting to your skin. Can you go back to whatever moisturiser you were using before?

netty36 Wed 12-Feb-14 07:35:38

I wouldn't put anything on until it clears up, just cleanse gently with a hot cloth or flannel and the creamiest cleanser you have. Sudocrem can be very drying and harsh.

BeeBawBabbity Wed 12-Feb-14 07:38:16

The estee lauder one did that to me too. I gave it away to a friend. I also react like that to some suncreams.

iloveweetos Wed 12-Feb-14 07:44:10

An aloe Vera gel might help soothe it but I agree don't use anything new until the redness calms down

Jackie0 Wed 12-Feb-14 07:44:15

My skin used to go a bit nuts sometimes and savlon was the most effective remedy, I really swear by the stuff. Hope it settles soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now